Aruba Beach

Thread: internet down at the lighthouse building at the Surf Club

Thumbs down internet down at the lighthouse building at the Surf Club

Hi all, greetings from the lobby of the Compass building at the Surf Club. A major storm hit Aruba a short while ago (like a few weeks ago)and knocked out ALL of the internet service in the LIGHTHOUSE BUILDING only. You can use your computers in the lobby only. Just to let you all know in case you are counting on being able to go on your computers regularly. As a result, I am only using it in a limited capacity so I amy not be able to respond very often if anyone has questions.
    FYI:As we "speak" it is raining outside. Still better than the 18 inches of snow we got back home!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

That happened back in late October,they were doing work on the air condition and the next day they had a water main break.Cant believe that its not fixed yet.

Aruba since 1979
    for all of the $$$$$ poured into that resort i would have hoped that before now it'd be all worked out.

friends of ours were there for their week and they had no air conditioning and were moved to renaissance suites.

they checked in again 6 months later and lo and behold no air conditioning and water for part of their stay.

the place is lovely. the units are fabulous. the prices are high.
    come on marriott, give the owners/guests a break and get the kinks out.

i am now down from my soapbox.

have a ball randi!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    That happened back in late October,they were doing work on the air condition and the next day they had a water main break.Cant believe that its not fixed yet.

I hope management is doing something to reimburse owners for the inconvenience.

No air conditioning once in awhile? Well there are mechanics involved, but it seems to be coming a pretty common occurrence.

Apparently waiting on a part from the US. A lot of unhappy people with regards to the internet. No offers of a discount....YET! Wait until all people arrive next week!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Wait until all people arrive next week!!!
    It would surely be ugly.

Marriott Stellaris will be the same way with the lobby and Ruth Chris' not being completed. People are not paying that kind of $$$ for what they will be getting.

If they are waiting for supplies from the U.S., I would gladly make a trip down with the supplies they need.

Get me back to Aruba!

The internet was an issue! They got the wireless up and running (sort of) in the Lighthouse building in the middle of week 51 after more complaints. It was supposed to work in the lobby of the Lighthouse and the surrounding areas around the pool. YOu could get it on your balcony at times. However, the more people used it the slower it became (at times it wasn't even useable). Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

Does anyone know if the internet is back up and running in the rooms at the Lighthouse building in the Surf Club?

need information, please

I am told that only some of the rooms in the Lighthouse building (Surf Club) actually have internet in their rooms. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone know which ones/floors have internet?

Can't believe this problem started in October and is still not resolved!