Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geraldg51

Thread: La Cabana questions

La Cabana questions

Greetings everyone,

We will be arriving to Aruba soon staying at LaCabana. In the past I recall LaCabana provided shampoo. Do you know if they still provide shampoo/conditioner. Looking forward to our 5th trip to our favorite Island!

Any comments on the construction? Will not have access to the patio, just wondering how loud the construction will be. We plan to be out of the room most of the day anyway but just wanted some feedback.

Cheers!
    8th trip to Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot comment on the construction as i haven't been there for a while.

one of our members (jacki) just returned and i will direct her to this thread and ask her to reply about the construction.

bathroom at sink........liq hand soap
    shower.....................shampoo and shower gel

kitchen.......................liq soap

all of the soap products at lacabana are aruba aloe products

QUOTE=kam175;231043]Greetings everyone,

We will be arriving to Aruba soon staying at LaCabana. In the past I recall LaCabana provided shampoo. Do you know if they still provide shampoo/conditioner. Looking forward to our 5th trip to our favorite Island!

Any comments on the construction? Will not have access to the patio, just wondering how loud the construction will be. We plan to be out of the room most of the day anyway but just wanted some feedback.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it :-) I am starting to pack and the less stuff I have to pack is always better.
    Last edited by kam175; 08-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    8th trip to Aruba!

Was at Lacabana July 20-27. Construction was going on but didn't start till around 9 am. It was loud at times when they were drilling with rotor hammers if you were in your room. At the pool you really didn't notice it and at the beach you certainly didn't. The scaffolding on the pool side was not the greatest look but I spent most of my time looking pool and beach side,that is where the best scenery is right!! I say go prepared to enjoy yourself and do not worry about the construction,it is only a MINOR inconvience.

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear you enjoyed your trip and not impacted by the construction. We love LaCabana and Eagle beach. This will be our 5th trip to LaCabana and I am really excited to see the new lobby.
    8th trip to Aruba!

We were there July 12-26th and had no problems at all due to construction. Didn't hear anything at all in the morning. My husband had gone back to the room once mid day and did hear some hammering that got a little annoying - ONE day out of 14, but that just made him come back outside where he should have been

there is some redirection as the scaffolding moves from section to section like one of the 3 corridors to the pool area was closed at a time - all in all it was no big deal.

In addition to the soaps Andrea mentioned, there is also dishwasher detergent left on the counter for you to use
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks Jacki! Yes I agree we plan to be outside most of the timel Good to know about the dishwasher detergent. We plan to get a few items from the store so we can have breakfast and lunch at the resort and venture out for dinner. Counting down!!
    8th trip to Aruba!

Update:
    We just returned from the La Cabana 8/26. We were in room 342 but we switched to 336 due to the loud jack hammers. 342 was right behind the rooms being renovated so the noise level was very loud.

We called the front desk and they changed our room a few doors down which helped.

We stayed at the pool/beach all day :-) so the construction did not bother us.

The new lobby looks great!! I didn't realize they have free internet access on the second floor.

Looking forward to another trip back to La Cabana!
    8th trip to Aruba!