Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: La Cabana renovations

La Cabana renovations

Just wanted to let any of you who are planning on staying at La Cabana anytime soon that the renovations are way more than a little inconvenience. We checked in on Monday and had to leave. We had two rooms that were not done! There were 8 construction men in the room and caution tape draped across the door. In addition, there was a large plastic tarp covering the window. Additionally, imagine the sound of a jack hammer cutting through concrete from 8 am to 6 pm. Apparently, Interval didn't know our units were directly affected and permitted someone to bank their units. La Cabana said they didn't have any other rooms to put us in, although I strongly doubt it since it didn't seem too busy. Maybe everyone was at the beach! We were desperate and almost in a panic, knowing we couldn't stay there and felt homeless. II tried to help, but they only could offer the Carribbean Palm Village. The resort is actually nice; much bigger rooms than La Cabana- just far from the beach. We will make the best of it, afterall, we are in ARUBA!

Aruba since 1979
    Interval knows the score as far as the renovations go at Lacabana.
    Terrible that they made a huge blunder in your case.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by bonbini View Post
    Just wanted to let any of you who are planning on staying at La Cabana anytime soon that the renovations are way more than a little inconvenience. We checked in on Monday and had to leave. We had two rooms that were not done! There were 8 construction men in the room and caution tape draped across the door. In addition, there was a large plastic tarp covering the window. Additionally, imagine the sound of a jack hammer cutting through concrete from 8 am to 6 pm. Apparently, Interval didn't know our units were directly affected and permitted someone to bank their units. La Cabana said they didn't have any other rooms to put us in, although I strongly doubt it since it didn't seem too busy. Maybe everyone was at the beach! We were desperate and almost in a panic, knowing we couldn't stay there and felt homeless. II tried to help, but they only could offer the Carribbean Palm Village. The resort is actually nice; much bigger rooms than La Cabana- just far from the beach. We will make the best of it, afterall, we are in ARUBA!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Sorry that you have to go though this inconvenience. I'm sure you still will have a great time.

Staying at LaCabana in August - what area of the resort is being worked on now?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    This is there information on their website. http://www.lacabanabrc.com/renovation/

can you check your PM.

Thanks...

We were in rooms 110 and 112.
    The rooms closer into center of the horsehoe (rooms 114, 116 118) weren't even done inside. I could easily see that walking past.
    The rooms face the pool, but had caution tape so you go out onto the patio and had orange construction netting on the window.

I can go over there and check on your rooms if you want. Then I can tell you exactly the progress for your particular room.

Hopefully none of you will have a problem.

We are staying in an E unit - they are not listed on the renovation schedule - maybe they are completed already? I'm hoping that being at the end will mean we'll be away from the bulk of the noise. TOTALLY not complaining - afterall, It's ARUBA

If you are 45 or 46 e, you are okay. (closer to Las Ramblas or Islander Grill)
    01 and 02e are near the noise. Not sure if those rooms are done. Didn't walk that far, but let me know if you want me to check. I can go tomorrow.

Not necessary - doesn't really matter we're there either way Thanks for the offer though

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast