Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: La Cabana renovations

I just came back. we were in room 203. next to 201 and 202. where we were there was no problem. I was told all of the E rooms have been renovated. Don't know if it is true. You can e-mail La Cabana and they will tell you.

Banned
    I have 346E week 27. No impact at all by the renovation. No noise at all from the construction work. The E units were renovated a few years ago. LaCabana.com has a renovation schedule but you can't rely on it. Owners are warned to call ahead prior to buying airline tickets.

LaCabana Construction

If anyone is around the LaCabana in the next few weeks, could they please report back to the forum where the construction area is located now in the resort? We will be arriving Feb. 20th, LaCabana said they have moved the construction from our timeshare area (in the very front of the building and side by La Petite), but just curious what area they are working on now. We were there last year and it was a real pain in the neck. Had to walk around the whole resort just to get to the pool. If any one has any information they can report back, it would be greatly appreciated!

Phase 7 was supposed to start the second week in Jan. The construction staging area was going to be moved from the Paradise Beach side of the resort to The Amsterdam Manor side (parking lot).Phase 7 includes 4 floors units#126a thru to 132ab & c. Phase #8 scheduled Wk 16 to 29.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Andrea is at La Cabana now. I'm sure she will post soon. When i was left 1 1/2 weeks ago, they were starting construction on Amsterdam Manor side. Patio's on ground level (facing pool) could not be used.

La Cabana Construction question

Hi there, as some of you know, I am in the process of getting a timeshare rental for two weeks in September. I noticed that the prices for La Cabana are very reasonable compared to a lot of the other resorts and wondered if this was due to the construction. How bad is the construction and will it effect our stay? Are we better of to avoid it? Has anyone been there lately? Any La Cabana advice? I also read in many reviews that the beds are very uncomfortable, is this true? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    lacabana prices are pretty good.

we have found the beds in the 1 bedroom units comfortable (king) and the murphy beds i the studios uncomfortable.

the renovation is about halfway complete and they have done a great job at keeping the guests happy and comfortable.

tell me the unit numbers that you are inquiring about and i will be able to tell you where those units are, if they have been renovated and how far from construction they are.

disclosure>>> we own a bunch of weeks at lacabana, have 3 rentals there right now. we spent 2 weeks there in january and the construction did not effect us in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have found the beds in the 1 bedroom units comfortable (king) and the murphy beds i the studios uncomfortable.
    We've rented both in the past and thought the same as well. Although we liked the set-up in the studio better than the one-bedrooms, we found the Murphy beds to be hard.

But I guess the new renovated studio units no longer have Murphy beds and the one-bedroom set-up has been greatly improved.

From what I've seen from the photos, LaCabana did a nice job on the renovation and took care of two major complaints.

The reason we rented from LaCabana in the past was that the rental prices for their units from private owners were always incredibly reasonable. We've paid as low as $285/week and as high as $450/week. Can't beat those prices.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

If you go on the La Cabana BRC website, you can see postings where the owners advertise their units for rent or for sale.

Staying at LaCabana now - the last unit before construction begins and have not had a single issue due to the construction. It has been a wonderful week, except that the A/C "chiller unit" has gone out a few times. That may be due to construction, may not, I'm really not sure, but I wouldn't worry at all about it being bothersome.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast