Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for travel Advice

Looking for travel Advice

I booked a flight with a plan on staying in the ABCs for 10 days. At this point I have booked 5 days at the Raddison. My original plan was to take a side trip to Bonaire or Curacao. After reading up on Bonaire and Curacao, I m not sure I should go to either. My understanding is both islands are having economy problems and seeing an increased crime rate. My original side plan was stay at Lagun or Marazul dive in West Punta, something greener and more secluded in Curacao. I dont want to spend 10 days on Palm beach at this point. (Partially just due to cost.) Anywhere else I should spend 5 more days in Aruba? Anyone have any really good insight on going to B&C? Or should I spend the 180.00 and go home sooner? I have gotten distrustful TripAdvisor reviews also.

Thanks

Eric

just flew from Aruba tonight

We just got home 20 minutes ago from Aruba. B & C islands do have a little problems.Mi advise is: spend all time on Palm Beach, but rent place near by and it doesn,t cost much.We had use Randolf as a Realtor for it and lived * nights close to PB but for friction of cost.If need info,please Private message to me.Yefim

My post count is not high enough to message you yet. Please feel free to message me.

Last year was our 6th trip to Aruba and every year we like to do one "big" thing. Last year we decided on a day trip to Curacao. We flew in and rented a car and went straight to the Playa Porto Marie, which was awesome. Great snorkeling, food, etc. After lunch we went downtown and while it was okay I am not going to kid you it was a little daunting. I am not generally nervous in new situations but I did not feel anywhere near as safe as I do in Aruba. My husband was oging to the bathroom (pay toliet) downtown and a group of mencing young men was lurking around, for the first time ever I told "DO NOT LEAVE ME". I truely felt somehtign was not good... we returned to Aruba that night and were extremely excited to be back. Bully picked us up from the airport and laughed with us about the fact that "we've been there done that... and won't do it again"

We did the side trip to Curacao a number of years back... Aruba way safer! It was nice but not you could not go out and walk at night. I wrote about it on some other thread.

I just read recently about the Aruba Surfside Marina right by Pinchos. You could stay there and go for the day to Eagle beach or Palm beach. It looks really nice, clean, quaint and inexpensive. Might be a good option.

http://arubasurfsidemarina.com/
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Ativan30 View Post
    I dont want to spend 10 days on Palm beach at this point. (Partially just due to cost.) Anywhere else I should spend 5 more days in Aruba?
    I would look at the accommodations at http://www.aruba.com/wheretostay/apa...andcondos.aspx as well as MVC Eagle Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    Last year was our 6th trip to Aruba and every year we like to do one "big" thing. Last year we decided on a day trip to Curacao. We flew in and rented a car and went straight to the Playa Porto Marie, which was awesome. Great snorkeling, food, etc.
    We too loved Playa PortoMari Beach

You would need a car, but Hotel Habitat is nearby PortoMari as well as the beach at Daaibooi. Beaches in Curacao are not powder sugary sand, but more of a coarse coral base. Excellent waters for snorkeling and diving.

Bonaire is a bit more difficult to get to from Aruba, but worth the effort if you are into snorkeling or diving every day. No beaches.

Curacao

Was just in Curacao 3 weeks ago and no sign of any crime ,very nice there loved it ,but Aruba is the place to be.

The crime issue is at night. As I retold in my other post re: Curacao, we were told by many locals not to walk around anywhere at night. We ate at a restaurant 3 blocks down from our hotel in a very nice area but the owner insisted on driving us back to our hotel as she wouldn't let us walk and a taxi wouldn't be happy driving us 3 blocks.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks for all the suggestion. I have 4 nights at the Radisson and 7 nights at Surfside Marina booked. Supposedly the new park is supposed to open during that time also.

Please let us know how the Surfside Marina is? When are you going?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast