Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriott Surf and Ocean Club "bracelet" Question

Smile Marriott Surf and Ocean Club "bracelet" Question

We are headed to your beautiful island on august 20-29. It is our first trip and this site has just been the most awesome wealth of information. Thank you all for your knowledge. We are Marriott owners and have traded for Aruba. We will spend our first 3 days at the Surf Club and then over to the Ocean Club for a week. We have two boys aged 12 and 14. We have decided on the Jolly for our snorkling tour and are debating a jeep tour or using Cerry or Bully. We are leaning towards the the latter to learn what we can about the island and it just sounds like everyone loves them! A question about the Marriotts. Do they issue the braclets daily at the Surf Club for the lazy river or do you get them for the week at check-in? I know that we are not able to use the SC pools when we switch to the OC so we intend to use the facilities at the SC as much as possible our first 3 days and then do our tours after we check into the OC. We wanted to experience both of the resorts and thought this would be a great way to do that. Thanks again for all of the wonderful tips and info. I have learned so much from this forum and have to kick myself off of my computer each night. Thankfully I am a teacher and don't have to wake up for work in the morning. This forum is truly addictive. Counting our days til paradise!
    Kelli

Aruba since 1979
    hi liberati4 welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i moved this to the timeshare category .......hopefully, someone with surf and ocean club information may be able to answer.

Palm Beach!!!Oh, and the airport but only when I'm arriving:)

Smile no worries!

I cannot speak for the surf club but I have been going to the marriott in aruba since 2005 and have stayed at the stellaris as well as the ocean club. I know the SC pool is amazing even though I have never used it. We did not get bracelets when we stayed at OC but they do give different towels to tell where you are staying. OC has an amazing pool too. Your kids are older so I think they will enjoy the OC pool too. The beach is to die for so I think that you will probably spend most of your time there! You can book all of your excursions right from the beach or in the hotel. There are little huts every few hundred feet right on the beach to do a lot of water and land activities. Hubby and I pretty much had "the lay of the land" down pat after our first beach day.
    Either way, I think the Marriotts are the best hotels and beaches on the island and you will not be dissappointed! Please feel free to ask me any questions! Aruba is my favorite topic! I cannot wait to hear your trip report!

Thanks Minky. I was thinking the same way as you are. We have loved all of the Marriotts that we have travelled to and I know that this will be just as great. I think that things have gotten more strict about the lazy river from what I have read on this forum but we will figure it out when we get there. That is why I told hubby we will hang around the Marriotts for the first two days and get the lay of the land. Then when we change from the SC to the OC we will grocery shop, etc. I do like what I have read about the OC being more quiet--but I do love a good lazy river! I have read that the sand is pretty rough on entering the ocean--is this true?

You're right, they do give you bracelets at Surf Club check in, and you have to give them back when you check out. Their lazy river is amazing!! Sand was never a problem for us on entering the ocean at either SC or OC. Enjoy!!

We are owners at the SC. They issue you bracelets (color changes by week) when you check in. I have never had to give one back when I leave. Actually, I bring them home for the young grandchildren. They were giving out tags for chairs last year. Those you are supposed to leave in the room when you check out. The lazy river is great. Bring your own floats from home. They are quite expensive in Aruba. A noodle is $10 at the SC. We buy them in the US and wrap them around in our carry ons with plenty of room left. Yes, we go for two weeks at a time and only bring a carry on apiece. Have a great time.

Just got back from the Surf Club and they change the bracelet color every Thursday. We never wore our bracelets the whole week we were there on the lazy river and were only asked for them once and took them out of our beach bag. If you come over from the Ocean Club just don't bring your towels as the color will give you away. Supposedly they are much stricter about cross use of the facilities during high season.

Thanks for your replies. I was hoping that it would be more laid back since it is the "off season". We don't start back to school until after Labor Day so we have found that wherever we vacation in late August it is usually pretty quiet. Thanks again for all of your help and guidance.