Aruba Beach

Thread: marriottsurf

Palm Beach, The Marriotts lazy river

Has anyone been recently, my mom just got back yesterday. She said it was packed.with families, (understandable its summer vacation) lots of problems I guess with chairs by the pool usual people getting huts and pool chairs leaving chairs empty all day while at beach. She said by the 3 rd day they were.if you werent' in your chair at 7 they took the tags off...I know usually when we are there in feb its down at 7 get your chair come back by 9 at least...I mean really do you need chairs at both places...

Aruba since 1979
    big problem........having chairs at pool, having chairs at beach............argh!!

palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    There is now a 3 hour rule at the Surf Club for this exact reason. There really is no need to take chairs both at the pool and the beach and if you are gone more than 3 hours they will give it away-seems fair. We were there July 4th week and we got a palapa and chairs every day at the beach. We migrated up to the pool late in the afternoon for happy hour and the lazy river and never had a problem getting a few chairs at the pool. They have also added a lot of "biminis" on the beach, which are covered lounge chairs. These are perfect if you aren't going to be out all day under a palapa and just need some shade-the coverings are moveable so you can get sun when you want it. The addition of the new adult pool should make it a lot better for people who don't have kids and want some quiet time in the pool area.

The SC is a big place, so lots of people most of the time, but some people just seem to try to always figure out a way around the rules and it makes things sticky for the rest of us. We come to Aruba to get away from the daily stress and we never let this stuff bother us when we are there-it seems to work well for us.