Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info on the Surf Club...

Need info on the Surf Club...

Hi! My husband and I are planning a last minute trip in May which will be our 4th trip. Last year, I was 6 months pregnant so I am just dying to go and really enjoy myself. We are planning on bringing our daughter who will be around 7 months old by then and yes, I will be a nervous wreck. She is my first and I am defintley one of those overprotective, freakazoid new moms. Thankfully my sister will be coming with us to help out with our little bundle of joy.

We are timeshare owners and usually stay at the Ocean Club but did stay at the Surf Club 2 years ago when they were adding on even more of their mammouth buildings. Because we are planning this last minute, we don't have many other options other than the Surf Club. We want to make sure that we will have a good time if we are going to go. We weren't to impressed with the overcrowdedness (if that's even a word) back then and we were wondering what it is like now? Is it a fight every morning to get a decent pool chair which this year we would need one with an umbrella for the baby? What about the huts on the beach? How difficult is it to get one of these now? How crowded will it be in the beginning of May?

Also, any preference on which car rental place to use?

Thanks for your help!

mrk
    May is low season, so you shouldn't have any trouble with a palapa. The Surf club rooms are gorgeous, the resort is beautiful. I see lots of people with kids, and they all seem to be enjoying themselves. I have never travelled there with my kids, and never will, so best of luck ! Have a great time

I just go back we own President week .That is a besuy week Family en vacation If you don't like crowded don't go ,people now travel more with they kids .
    For chair at the beach and the pool , people don't respect the rule we saw all day towel and never see the people for them is a fight again other who will get there first ,who will wake up early ,my god get a live .We saw a big group holding 14 chairs well the are use it .I did found anything wrong with that at lease there where at the pool .
    If you own at the Ocean Club you should have any problem there ..
    have a good vacation

Hi. My husband and I travelled last July with our then 7 month old daughter. It was A LOT of work but we got through it. I think the worst part of it was the actual travelling. We had to carry a million pieces of luggage. I had to carry all of her formula (formula my daughter was on isn't available in Aruba), all of her food, her playpen, etc it was hectic. We also own at the Surf Club. The chairs by the pool do fill up quickly, especially the ones under an umbrella. As long as you go down early, you should be fine. I'm sure you're probably up early anyway with a 7 month old. Just take a few towels down when you wake up and reserve some seats. I know you're not supposed to, but everyone else does it so why should you and your baby sit in the sun because of rude people. We were mostly out by the pool, it was much easier than going to the beach. We took her to the beach but the wind was always blowing, kicking up sand, even in her little cabana she was not happy on the beach. We would sit her in her little float (with a shade) and she would float around the lazy river. She enjoyed that. Also, the lazy river is pretty much all shaded area. Also, when we were out by the pool we would take her lightweight folding stroller. She liked just sitting in there and watching people. It was great because she took naps in it, we changed her daipers in it, even used it as a highchair. Trust me when I tell you, your tan won't be as great as in the past when you went without her and you won't be quite so rested. But I wouldn't change it for the world. Have a great time.

Hi. My husband and I travelled last July with our then 7 month old daughter. It was A LOT of work but we got through it. I think the worst part of it was the actual travelling. We had to carry a million pieces of luggage. I had to carry all of her formula (formula my daughter was on isn't available in Aruba), all of her food, her playpen, etc it was hectic. We also own at the Surf Club. The chairs by the pool do fill up quickly, especially the ones under an umbrella. As long as you go down early, you should be fine. I'm sure you're probably up early anyway with a 7 month old. Just take a few towels down when you wake up and reserve some seats. I know you're not supposed to, but everyone else does it so why should you and your baby sit in the sun because of rude people. We were mostly out by the pool, it was much easier than going to the beach. We took her to the beach but the wind was always blowing, kicking up sand, even in her little cabana she was not happy on the beach. We would sit her in her little float (with a shade) and she would float around the lazy river. She enjoyed that. Also, the lazy river is pretty much all shaded area. Also, when we were out by the pool we would take her lightweight folding stroller. She liked just sitting in there and watching people. It was great because she took naps in it, we changed her daipers in it, even used it as a highchair. Trust me when I tell you, your tan won't be as great as in the past when you went without her and you won't be quite so rested. But I wouldn't change it for the world. Have a great time.

Thanks for all the great info! We just booked our week for the last week of May into June. It's Memorial Day week so we are just preparing ourselves for the place to be busy. But you can't really go wrong in Aruba. Things may not be perfect but we already know that going into it with a baby.

Smile

We were there 3 weeks ago and if anyone just put towels down and left by 7:30 the guards picked them up. You have to stay there until after 7:30. Then you can leave them. Kent

Baby Beach Alto Vista Chapel Arikok National Park Downtown Oranjestad Palm Beach
    My husband and I went to the Surf Club in September for our honeymoon, and we loved it so much! There were tons of people with babies and young kids there, who seemed really relaxed. We have a now 18 month old, who we are bringing to Aruba in May...the whole time we were there (well maybe not the whole time we kept thinking of what a great place it would be for a family vacation. Sadly we won't be at the Surf Club, it was a gift from my parents who are owners, but we'll be right next door. I found that the beaches weren't too crowded, and the lazy river there will be a great place for you and your little one to relax. The rooms at the Surf Club are really spacious and amazing, if you have the 2 bedroom suite with the full kitchen it will take away so much of the normal stress of traveling w/ such a young one since it will be easy to do most things quickly for yourself. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Hi,

It's not so busy in May. I go to the Surf Club every year and in the winter it is mayhem but when it's not cold in NY it's generally not too crowded. The good thing about the Marriott complexes are that you can use the facilities of ANY of the hotels (Surf, Ocean, Stellaris). I like the pool chairs of the Ocean Club better as they have red padding vs. the Surf Club which is just the normal plastic white chairs. But I do like the lazy pool at the Surf Club. Enjoy!

Hi, my wife and I will be at the Surf club from 5/17 to 6/7. Two year ago we were down with our 20 year old daughter and 7 month old granddaughter. We have been there the last five years and this is one of the least crowded time so of the year.
    Things went very well with the exception of the port o-crib vs the a non-existent real crib. Our granddaughter did not take well to this.
    We usually spent the morning until 12:30Pm at the beach, then have lunch, and back to the room for our granddaughters nap.
    We spent the late afternoon (happy hour) at the pool. This kept her out of the sun at the prime time. Also hats and sunscreen at least three times a day are a must.
    Another key was a fold up play/sleep area for our granddaughter and we definitely took advantage of the stroller with hood.
    With a little work, our daughter who got to go out at night, us, and especially our granddaughter had a great time.

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast