Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need More T/S Experts

I'm not sure what it costs but just be where that YOU MUST buy the meal play that cost $85.00 per day per adult.

If you are serious about buying a timeshare, try going to some resale companies on the web.....I have used www.holidaygroup.com and have had a good buying experience. Plus it is a fraction of the cost of buying through the resort...you may not be able to get the occidental, but if Dannyo is correct, then I would rather buy somewhere I can eat as I please. That kind of all inclusive is okay if you are only going to the island on occasion but if your are like the rest of us that go one, twice or more a year buying a meal ticket could be a pain.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

The best and least expensive option for us has always been buying direct through an owner. The most expensive option always seems to be buying direct from the resort. This website and other bulletin boards are great resources to find owners interested in selling. Just make sure to do the homework with the resort to ensure ownership, etc.

If you buy off an owner there is a timeshare title company that is the middleman for your transactions,,,,,,,,,,,it is http://wwwtimesharetitle.com
    worked for me and for my niece...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Buying Timeshare privately

Any pros/cons you guys want to share? I am seriously considering purchasing a unit privately and a little worried that I'm missing something or not taking everything into consideration.

My husband & I honeymooned in Aruba & have visited the island 3 times since, our 5th trip is booked for this summer and I'm positive we will be back summer 2010.

TIA!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The occidental is one of the best resorts to own in. You only have 1/4 of the rooms timeshare at the resort , so you get 5 star hotel service at this resort. we own a few units. If you would like to rent one of the weeks to try it out , we would consider selling one of the weeks. Drop me an e-mail ccrommelin@aol.com for mor info on this wonderfull property.
    Bon Bini !

With the Marriott, many of the units are sold privately and they are marginally less expensive than buying from the Marriott directly. One difference is that if you buy from the Marriott then you can always trade your week for points if you don't use it. There are a few other perks if you buy from them too.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks - the unit I am interested in is at LaCabana. I'm a little worried about trusting someone I don't know, and getting "stuck" with a $1200 maintenance payment for a unit I just may not use one year.....guess that just comes w/ the game of timeshare, right?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey look at the Rennaissance suites...you can pick up one with half that maint. fee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast