Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New timeshare owner- getting more confused by the minute

don't know yet...only had one visit to Aruba so far....will let you know within the year :-)
    serene 56...the 629.00 is per year for our 2 fixed weeks ..but if we book bonus weeks then it would cost us 629 for each week ... so if we book 2 bonus weeks then it would cost
    1258.00 for 2 weeks which i think is quite good as far as prices go.

Aruba since 1979
    i m sorry to be such a negative thing on timeshare.

it works for so many folks.

our timeshare dilemma is our own darn fault, but by getting into the bluegreen point system makes it a litttle easier.

oh ya, and if anyone wants to rent for a week, 10 days or whatever at lacabana or any bluegreen place in the usa, contact me.... i have points that can be converted to units for very fair pricing.

[/I][/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianna View Post
    first of all, thanks guys you have been really helpful
    will contact RCI and ask is availabilty for 2 bonus weeks between aug and sept
    and request usage of points for 2 weeks for february
    that is an 11 month advance reservation hopefully should be able to get 2 weeks
    the phoenix sales rep did assure us that phoenix owners get priority choice if reserving
    at home resort anything other than our fixed 2 weeks
    hopefully the reps are not just pitching lines to hook bait at time of sale
    and are truthful

and Andrea, if it doesn't work out at phoenix in feb maybe will just rent
    2 weeks directly from owners at lacabana since that is where we stayed
    during our first visit to aruba this past feb 2011 and had such a great
    time meeting great bunch of people
    again thanks so much for everyones advice really glad to have joined this forum

Smile

good luck with RCI. I have never got a trade into Aruba with RCI.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

don't know yet...only had one visit to Aruba so far....will let you know within the year :-)
    OOOOOHHHH no, funny how they don't tell you that when they give you sale pitch... :-(

by the way kent, your pics are absolutely gorgeous totally love the sunsets

Quote Originally Posted by Gianna View Post
    OOOOOHHHH no, funny how they don't tell you that when they give you sale pitch... :-(

by the way kent, your pics are absolutely gorgeous totally love the sunsets
    Sales pitches are all about selling...they'll tell you exactly what you want to hear in order to make the sale. As always, "caveat emptor" (especially when it comes to purchasing timeshares!)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Our TS experience with the Marriott Surf Club has been just the opposite-nothing but positive experience both in getting the weeks we want in Aruba and trading to other places (i.e. Maui) when we wanted to. I think the key to Marriott's program being so easy is that you don't buy a specific week, but you buy a season and as long as you have some flexibility it seems to work out. The maintenance fees are fairly high at about $1100 this year (actually lower than in 2010), but it is so much lower than having to rent a 2 bedroom oceanfront unit for two weeks. The service, cleanliness and facilities are top notch and the staff is super friendly- we have actually made friends and get lots of hugs and smiles when we visit each year.

There are lots of philosophies on TS and ours is buy what you will use with your family. If you're looking for an investment, look elsewhere as there are definitely better things to do with your money than own lots of TS units. And yes, those sales people are amazingly good, so be careful. Ours at Marriott told us the conversion rate (people who show up to the sales pitch who actually buy) is about 40%! I wish I were that successful in my business

Book early and lock in good airfares and dream about the beautiful beach until your week comes up!

questions for timeshare owners...

I am sure this will get moved but honestly I thought it would get answers in the general section. SORRY.

Anyway there are so many great deals on timeshares right now and since we go to Aruba every year I thought it might a good time to look into it but I am completely green when it comes to timeshare ownership. So I was hoping that some of you that own could give me some advice and general info, I mean as basic as how does it really work????

We love the Renaissance and mos tof all the private island so we would most likely look there. I have found some good deals on sellmytimesharenow.com but I am a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. I have always thought of Timeshares as a scam... I love in a beach resort town and hate the hustlers selling timeshares at the beach.

Any thoughts?

Smile

If you want to keep going there every year and you can get a good deal, go for it. If you want to buy and then trade it around, then it gets to be pretty ugly because every where you want to go, they have no availibility. If you are locked in to a place you like going, then you will have the same room, the same time every year. We have owned timeshare for 20 years and love it. Good luck. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts:

BUY a timeshare at a fixed week and location only if you can be married to that place and that time period for a long time.

ex: if you choose to buy a week at the RENAISSANCE for example, and you get a good week during the week before school break in february. ok, now you might say TERRIFIC, we'll pull the kid(s) from school for that week. well, as the kids get older, and into high school pulling for that fixed week might not be so easy.
    so, look at the week very carefully because you WILL be married to that week unless you bank it with a company lie Interval or RCI

Do you want to own your timeshare or buy a "right to use" for X amount of weeks per yr? if you own, the deed can be passed down to your heirs. if you have a right to use, you will be given a contract for let's say 40 weeks. once those weeks are done, they are gone.

check out the financial status of the resort.
    the ARUBAN, now known as the TROPICANA had HUGE financial meltdown and the owners there had much anxiety and costly charges. the place is now slowly creeping its way back into good favor.

DISCLOSURE.....paul and i over a period of years accumulated 10 weeks (10 units) at lacabana. we had more timeshare units than brains! when BLUEGREEN came in for management and ownership we converted all of our deeded units to BLUEGREEN program.......provides more flexibility for us and other travel options as there are now over 40 places in the Bluegreen program.
    Our maintenance fee is HIGH and we have to rent 6 weeks to cover our bill......almost!

maintenance fees rise almost every year?
    can u swing almost $800+ per yr?

renting a timeshare unit is sometimes a better option.

i am going to leave this here in GENERAL for a few weeks as it may get better visibility.
    lisa or i wil move it to timeshares in a few days.

good luck
    there ARE some good bargains out there.

Aruba since 1979
    rent or own timeshare?

click link for some more reading and issues to ponder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast