Aruba Beach

Thread: Newbie Timeshare Question

Newbie Timeshare Question

A dumb question, I'm sure, but have never rented a timeshare before. We would like to rent (and maybe buy) a timeshare at the Renaissance, but are not sure exactly how it works. If you rent the timeshare from the owner and make payment to them, do you still have to pay the resort for things like daily maid service? How about use of Ren Island? Will you still have charging privileges at the restaurants at the resort? Anything else I should know?
    Maybe a link to timeshare 101 or something like that? Thanks!!!

When you rent a TS at the Renaissance from an owner you have access to ALL the same things that an owner would have for himself.

And that include, maid service and free access to the Private Island. You can also charge with your room card anything you want.

The only things you have to pay on top of the rental fee is the occupancy tax, which is $10.28/night.

Any idea about which time of the year you would like to purchase?

Renaissance purchase

Hi, you got a good answer below about renting. Best place to look for rental rates I've found is I would rent a week and then decide if you want to buy. We have bought three weeks because we love it. You can look for a good deal also on Redweek for a purchase. You can also talk to Brian Von Romondt at the Renaissance when you are there, for a resale unit. We bought privately from an owner and then a third week through Brian and were very happy with both routes. Brian brought an additional bonus in that he arranged a swap with another owner so that we have all three weeks in the same unit - no moving! Price is dependent upon time of year. We knew of one fellow from Belgium who was selling several weeks for a reasonable price around January - the top time to go. Arno Schict is his name and he has week 4 and maybe a couple others. Sue