Aruba Beach

Thread: NY religious group in JAN at Ocean Club?

NY religious group in JAN at Ocean Club?

Hello, last January my family had the misfortune of booking when the NYC Jewish families were at the Ocean Club. We were shocked and dismayed at the behavior! We would like to go again this Jan. but want to avoid them (the Jewish group). Could anyone PLEASE let me know when they are going so I can avoid those weeks!!
    I hate to sound prejudiced (cause I'm not) I just cannot stand when parents don't control their children and it ruins my vacation! Thanks!
    Last edited by tincar; 09-20-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: wrong date

Seems to be the third week in January

Full discussion
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/tons-kids-43613/

Aruba since 1979
    for any newcomers or for those that have missed the threads re: this group of folks that come to marriott every january.
    and as lisa posted it is on or about the 3rd week of january.

there is a large congregation that comes to aruba every year.
    they happen to be of the jewish faith, which really has no bearing at all in the scheme of things. apparently their synagogue runs this event as an annual "get away".

so, fast forward to january...........
    there are many many families that arrive onto the marriott campus.
    surf, ocean and hotel.

they hold their main meals together in the marriott ballrooms.
    it is a family retreat so there are plenty (hundreds) of kids of all ages.
    many, if not most are well behaved and enjoy aruba just as so many of us do.
    there are a few, although it seems like many.......that allow their kids to run wild.
    it is a nightmare for many involved.

the marriott is well aware of the issues, every year place more restrictions on them, and every year, some of the kids and parents mis behave.

i prefer to leave ethnicity and religion out of this conversation as i do not want anyone to get the idea that race and religion are a topic or a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by tincar View Post
    Hello, last January my family had the misfortune of booking when the NYC Jewish families were at the Ocean Club. We were shocked and dismayed at the behavior! We would like to go again this Jan. but want to avoid them (the Jewish group). Could anyone PLEASE let me know when they are going so I can avoid those weeks!!
    I hate to sound prejudiced (cause I'm not) I just cannot stand when parents don't control their children and it ruins my vacation! Thanks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-20-2010 at 08:38 AM.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    way to go andrea..kudos to you..it shouldn't matter what race, religion or background you derive from..if you are in aruba and you let your kids run wild and spoil it for everyone else you should be made aware of this fact..anyone who starts out a conversation i hate to sound prejudiced but i'm not usually is in my opinion..the party wanting to know when the group was in town could have and should have left out the jewish part of the conversation..this forum should be a place where we all can come and talk about our favorite place in the world aruba without having to worry about any negative things..thanks for all you do..
    scott and tricia

Aruba since 1979
    sag thank you.

sometimes it is difficult.
    i am closing this thread .

andrea