Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sagman17

Thread: Ocean Club

Ocean Club

Can someone give me the lowdown on staying at the Ocean Club? I have been staying at the Stellaris, looking at the Ocean Club this year. Main concern is the beach. My sense is that the Surf Club is insanity in terms of crowds, and getting a palapa. Is the Ocean Club the same, or is it a little more tame? And how about the pool, is it nice, and does it also get crazy croweded?

Thought there was a where to stay topic to post this in, but didnt see one.

jaw
    The key to getting a palapa at Ocean Club is to be at the Towel Hut before 7:30. You can also rent one for a fee. There are more available at Ocean Club than Surf. We usually go in early December and try to get in line between 7 and 7:30 and usually get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd row. Of course the earlier the better. We don't spend time a the pool so can't help there, but I think you would be able to find a place.

The Ocean Club has the best beach of all three, more they have the highest ratio of palapas per guests of all 3 Marriott resorts.
    More the Ocean Club and the Stellaris have an agreement that permits pools sharing...

The Ocean Club's pool is very quiet so never a problem getting a chair there. Beach is much better than the SC- has more space for fewer units.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    I have stayed at both, different times of the year, but the Ocean Club is much quieter. More relaxing.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Can anyone tell me what the units are like that are listed as 0 bedrooms/ 1 bath? How does it compare to a hotel room, at the Stellaris? or a typical hotel room at any of the hi rises.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    sounds like the lockoff unit..it's the same as a reg hotel room..you walk in unit bathroom on left..then you come into area where the bed is and then an area where there is a couch and table and then comes the balcony(nice size)..by the bed is a little kitchenette area(very small)..what i didn't like about the unit is that you could hear everything from person with full size unit of timeshare..also no ice machines in ocean club..you either had to get ice from champions sports bar or call housekeeping to bring some up..they would bring a small plastic bag of ice up to unit but after 10 pm that was unavailable..when champions closed you would have to go over to surf club to get ice..i didn't like the fact that you had to rent palapas for minimum of 3 days or you could try to get a free one but sometimes you wouldn't get one till the afternoon..alot of people would go out at 5:30 in the morning to reserve blocks of chairs by the pool by putting stuff on them..we had a unit mid ocean club overlooking pool and ocean and my wife being an early riser saw this every morning while having her tea on the balcony..we were also told by staff that we couldn't use surf club or marriott hotel facilities..i feel beach is very windy up there and you smell alot of diesel fumes when you are in the water from the boats and jet skis..i personally like the renaissance ocean suites much better..quieter plus the private island has no equal..
    scott and tricia

Thanks Sagman, appreciate the feedback. One thing i was very concerned with was how much privacy you get being in a lock off, which is what i figured it was. And unfortunately, you confirmed that its a concern. Think I'll bag that idea. I assume its the same even if you get the larger unit.

In the larger unit, you won't hear anything in the bedroom. If you are right next to the door in the living room that goes between the studio and your living room, you might hear sounds.

We go to Aruba at xmas, which is one of the busiest times of the year and we NEVER see many chairs at the Ocean Club pool. You do not need to get up early to get a chair there. As far as the Palapas go, you can rent for one day to a max of three days and then wait and start again. This is to ensure everyone has a fair chance at getting them. However, there are lounge chairs that have covers. If you look in my gallery you will see a picture of them, however, you are no longer able to bring them to the front of the water edge. If you compare the Marriott Stellaris to the studio, I believe the hotel room is slightly larger.

With respect to the beach vs. the private island, this is a personal choice on what you like to do. My DH likes to walk the beach twice a day and enjoys the long walks and the kids like the water sports. At the private island both these things are not possible. Also, the kids (they are older kids 18+) enjoy the nightlife of the high rise district. Its what you like, both are nice.

Yes, the Ocean Club ppl are not allowed to go to the Surf Club pool. Here is the explanation: SC pool is really too small for the size of the the SC. Also, the owners of the SC paid more for the SC weeks because of the lazy river, which is the big draw. OC people paid less and then if you allow them to use the SC pool, it isn't really fair as they paid less money and are crowding the pool that SC pple paid more to have and can't handle the number of ppl already at the SC. Does that make sense?

On the flip side, the OC has a larger ocean front beach with less ppl than the SC. SC ppl can't sit at the OC beach using the lounges. Of course they can sit on the sand.

Here are the facts for you to make your own personal decision. Everyone has their own likes.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents