So we have decided to go at the end of Feb now instead of Mar(YAY!!!) but when I was emailing my mother the pricing a couple of hours later it went up $50 per person! geesh! I don't know if I should ride it out or get on the booking train..
any ideas would be appreciated..
I'm having the same problem Kim. We always go in late March and I usually book in early February, getting 20-40% off from Orbitz or Travelocity for the Divi. Right now the only thing that is offered is 15% after April 1 on the Divi website and nothing on the internet sites. I usually wouldn't be nervous, but checking around, some dates are already sold out. Do I bite and book now or wait it out.....interested to see what others say!
I've found that the pricing for March through Expedia for the Divi is running around $800 more on the package for 2 people than it did in November. My thought was that it was the difference in low season vs high season. So, after watching the prices for awhile, and noticing that the Divi was pretty much booked for April, I went ahead and booked as well. Also, I checked pricing on similar style resorts in Turks & Caicos and found them to be running as much as $3,000 to $4,000 more than Aruba
Not taking any chances and booked for Feb 27th-Mar 6th. Rep did mention that prices will be going up further.
Checked website within a couple of hours after booking and it went up another $50. So on Monday afternoon it was $1819, by Monday night it as $1869. by Tuesday afternoon it was $1919.... that is craziness
Checked back again Jan 14/11 just to see if it was coming down and it went up AGAIN $1989. WOW $70 bucks glad I booked Tues.
Last edited by ksw5487; 01-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Reason: more info