Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG the pricing on packages changes fast!

OMG the pricing on packages changes fast!

So we have decided to go at the end of Feb now instead of Mar(YAY!!!) but when I was emailing my mother the pricing a couple of hours later it went up $50 per person! geesh! I don't know if I should ride it out or get on the booking train..
    any ideas would be appreciated..

Thanks
    Kim
    Looking forward to trip #3

I'm having the same problem Kim. We always go in late March and I usually book in early February, getting 20-40% off from Orbitz or Travelocity for the Divi. Right now the only thing that is offered is 15% after April 1 on the Divi website and nothing on the internet sites. I usually wouldn't be nervous, but checking around, some dates are already sold out. Do I bite and book now or wait it out.....interested to see what others say!

Aruba since 1979
    chances are the end of Feb pricing will not get any cheaper.
    i would act quickly and lock something in.

So . . . thus is the double edge of an economic recovery . . . economics 101 of supply and demand at work. Not what we want t hear, but not sure the pricing will get better . . .

I've found that the pricing for March through Expedia for the Divi is running around $800 more on the package for 2 people than it did in November. My thought was that it was the difference in low season vs high season. So, after watching the prices for awhile, and noticing that the Divi was pretty much booked for April, I went ahead and booked as well. Also, I checked pricing on similar style resorts in Turks & Caicos and found them to be running as much as $3,000 to $4,000 more than Aruba

This is where we booked ours for feb 8-15 (and we just booked last week) it was the cheapest place we found

http://www.pleasantholidays.com/Plea...Aruba-Overview

MCM Tours/Players Choice http://aruba4u.com/specials.php has some terrific specials depending upon where you wish to stay.

Airfare pricing seems to be the best about 3 months out.

Not taking any chances and booked for Feb 27th-Mar 6th. Rep did mention that prices will be going up further.
    Can't wait!!

Kim

Checked website within a couple of hours after booking and it went up another $50. So on Monday afternoon it was $1819, by Monday night it as $1869. by Tuesday afternoon it was $1919.... that is craziness

Checked back again Jan 14/11 just to see if it was coming down and it went up AGAIN $1989. WOW $70 bucks glad I booked Tues.
    Last edited by ksw5487; 01-14-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: more info
    Looking forward to trip #3

Hi Kim,
    I have a 1 bedroom unit for rent at the Divi Links for week #9. Please contact me if you are interested in a great deal! It's first floor right in front of the pool w/swim up bar!
    Sharon

I would go ahead and book if it were me, I never do a great job getting the best price-my piece of mind is to important, it would drive me nuts.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast