Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palm or Eagle beach?

Palm or Eagle beach?

This will be our 3rd trip to Aruba. We have always stayed on Palm beach. Last time we went back in 2007 we stayed at occidental, beach was very crowded as was the pool.

We are planning to go this year late september (we like AI) is it less crowded on Ragle beach? Hotels just as nice? good places to eat in and off the resorts?

Any help would be greatly apprecciated. We are celebrating our 38th weddig anniversary. we like the quiet but we also like interaction with other couples.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    short answer YEs and Yes.

great selection of restaurants within walking, bus or taxi.

eagle beach is wider and has lots of space and little crowding.

Speaking strictly about the beach, Eagle is wider, the sand softer, the water clarity is excellent and the bottom is clean. Eagle is also much less crowded and has plenty of palapas and room to spread out. Palm is crowded, the water cloudy and the bottom slimy in spots. Now as far as restaurants, bars, nightlife and shopping Palm has it all over Eagle with more "stuff" being built daily it seems. Both have their strong points so it really depends what you want in a vacation. The previous observations were made in the last 2 weeks, got home last night.

Banned
    Without a doubt, Eagle Beach. I'd rather be steps away from a wide uncrowded beach than steps away from where all the restaurants are. The restaurants in the Palm beach are 3 minutes by bus from Eagle Beach area.

Eagle Beach

We stayed on Palm Beach for many years at the Wyndham and now Westin. Lately, we have been staying @ Costa Linda just because of Eagle Beach..It is so much more private and water is crystal clear. It's like our own little paradise.Very few people and our own little area. Hands down what the better beach is.. My husband and I love the privacy and freedom to enjoy the beach without someone right next to us... Sometimes it's really just the two of us in our own spot. We can always go anywhere for dinner. Aruba has so many choices by car or bus or taxi...What a romantic beach!!!Can't wait ...40 days and counting.........I love this forum...
    Last edited by truzcarla; 06-27-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    I'm with Andrea -- Yes! Yes! Yes! to Eagle Beach!

We prefer Eagle Beach and the low-rise area. For A-I, Divi, Tam or Manchebo.(optional)
    We own at CDM and have many places to eat close by, from Pizza Bob to Matthew's to French Steakhose, Promenade, Tortuga Grille and more. A Cheap bus fare gets you to Palm Beach in minutes with all the activities you need.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I'm another Eagle Beach fan! I enjoy the Palm Beach area in the evenings - dinner and walks etc.
    We enjoy going to Arashi beach (past Palm Beach) a couple times during our visit but it's a little more crowded and a smaller beach area.

Love 'em both! Costa Linda is wonderful for a really relaxing vacation. It's so pretty, uncrowded and has a fabulous beach. But the Palm Beach area is lots of fun - very active. I agree that the beach area is rather crowded in front of the HI, Radisson, Occidental, etc. I find that the Ocean Club beach is more roomy, though. To each his own - as long as I'm on Aruba, I'm happy!
    Paula

August 20 - we'll be b-a-a-a-c-k at the Ocean Club!

We are ones that like Palm Beach. We like the more active beach and being able to walk around and not have to have a car or bus. We have stayed downtown and the low rise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast