Aruba Beach

Thread: Pet Friendly Accommodations

Divi Phoenix, Noble Jewelers, Mathilde, Yamanja, Casa Tua, Cuba's Cookin',

Pet Friendly Accommodations

We will be taking our 12th trip this Thanksigivng. First time taking our little dog. I know the requirements for taking the dog in and out of Aruba and have already purchased the reservation for the dog on the airline. Does anyone know which pet-friendly hotels are the best? The ones that are pet-friendly that i kn...ow of are: Amsterdam Manor, Boardwalk, Bucuti, and Westin. Any others? Any experiences related to pets in Aruba? Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    wow that is good that you re taking your dog.
    double check with westin and bucuti about being able to leave the dog in the room while you are at the beach/pool. some places have tough rules about pets being left unattended in the rooms.

two of our members lizzardo and cheryl have wonderful little dogs with them.

** i think ticks and fleas are a huge issue for dogs there. take adequate precautions .

Hi there,
    Glad to hear that you are taking your dog. Stanley and I went over the past Christmas / New Year holidays and had a ball. Be sure your little guy has a Lymne shot and use Front Line Flea and Tick. Stanley had all that and still got a tick bite bite that really knocked him for a loop. Check your little pal everyday for ticks. They are really all over the island. . . Would not hurt to take a flea and tick collar also. Better to be safe. . . . .

You will have a ball with your pal on the beach. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Hi Michael,
    I was wondering where you ended up staying with your dog? and how it went? How did the dog do on the travel down? We have a senior poodle and would consider bringing him with sometime.
    Thanks,
    CoCoBeans &Patti

“Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
    Rumi

Aruba since 1979
    quite possibly eagle beach boy will comment.
    he and his bride bring max from toronto to aruba and stay at amsterdam manor for a few months every winter.

also too aquaman and bobbi, bring their cat and dog, but stay in their own home.

Hi

I suggest that you also consider bringing a tick remover. These are small plastic devices about 1 1/2 inches long and look like a miniature crowbar. I got ours at the vet and they did not charge for it. In the event of ticks in the skin, you press the tick remover over the tick and wrench it out....just like a crowbar!! The dog doesn't react at all as it is a painless procedure.

Only once have we been challenged at Customs for their papers. The concern was the vacinations and the microchip certificate.

The Aruban Govt Vet services are actually provided by a private vet firm here and that firm is great.

A word of caution....If you bring your dog be very careful of the frogs. We are ever vigilant at our house about these frogs. If they are cornered by a dog, they emit a venom which if comes into contact with a dog will kill it within days. At this time, I am unaware of any antidote or treatment for this. As most hotels spray, I think the risk at resorts is low.