Aruba Beach

Thread: Planning a first time to Aruba with a large group - suggestions

Planning a first time to Aruba with a large group - suggestions

Looking at June or July of 2017 for a minimum of 10 adults and 2 children ages 5 & 2. Last year we went to an all inclusive in Mexico and everyone loved it. I like an all inclusive because its paid for before we even go there ... but its not a deal breaker. We are paying for 1/2 the group and I fear I'll never stop putting my hand in my pocket if we don't go All inclusive.

Hear so many different opinions regarding Aruba like All inclusives are a waste due to the numerous great restaurants etc. We will consider anything - condo's, hotels, timeshares, all inclusives but our priorities are the same as they were in Mexico:
    1. On the beach preferably with rooms facing the ocean
    2. Activities on site for everyone (children and adults)
    I know there is a high rise and low rise section - is one area better than another? We wouldn't mind cooking in and bringing our own alcohol if we could walk onto the beach and there the activities etc.

Any suggestions? Anyone been there with a group similar to what we wil have?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

you have plenty of time to do some research!

i am usually the one to say no to all inclusive.
    however, you need to do the math and see what works best.
    also too with a group of at least 12 and 2 of them small kids, it might be a struggle to get everyone to agree on restaurants if you are not doing all inclusive.

so, check out the divi divi...all inclusive. low rise

also too, check out costa linda time share.
    not all inclusive , but large comfortable units with a great beach and pool and kids programs etc. low rise

also too casa del mar, low rise and there are 2 bedroom units. not all inclusive.

another timeshare option is playa linda high rise not timeshare
    and
    riu all inclusive (but has a few non all inclusive program timeshare units) high rise

the hi rise area has lots to do and is lively. but congested.

the low rise area is quieter and less congested.

downtown location is the renaissance ocean suites. there is an all inclusive option there, but not required.
    the units are 1 bedrooms with pullout sleep sofas.
    there is a small lagoon beach and the private island is a boat ride shuttle away.
    we love the renaissance

as far as i know all of the timeshares and hotels will have children programs.

Quote Originally Posted by coldpad1 View Post
    Looking at June or July of 2017 for a minimum of 10 adults and 2 children ages 5 & 2. Last year we went to an all inclusive in Mexico and everyone loved it. I like an all inclusive because its paid for before we even go there ... but its not a deal breaker. We are paying for 1/2 the group and I fear I'll never stop putting my hand in my pocket if we don't go All inclusive.

Hear so many different opinions regarding Aruba like All inclusives are a waste due to the numerous great restaurants etc. We will consider anything - condo's, hotels, timeshares, all inclusives but our priorities are the same as they were in Mexico:
    1. On the beach preferably with rooms facing the ocean
    2. Activities on site for everyone (children and adults)
    I know there is a high rise and low rise section - is one area better than another? We wouldn't mind cooking in and bringing our own alcohol if we could walk onto the beach and there the activities etc.

Any suggestions? Anyone been there with a group similar to what we wil have?

Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum.

We often travel in large parties, but always stay at LaCabana (low rise, not AI) - we rent multiple timeshare units from owners and do some cooking in the rooms. And it is across the street from the long beautiful beach.

I personally prefer the low rise area for the expanse of beach (Eagle Beach). In July & August there are always palapas available and it's not very crowded an it is very easy to get a dinner reservation anywhere you want to go. The nightlife is very quiet in this area. High rise area is much more lively at night.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for the responses - I appreciate it