Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Playa Linda information/opinions

Playa Linda information/opinions

am trying to decide on renting a phase 1 unit, at Playa Linda, anybody have a input , or shall I say, any info, would be appreciated

Aruba since 1979
    maybe you can send a private message to member LUVSUN
    She and her hubby own a timeshare there, but also own Scott's Brats which is located on the beach in front of Playa Linda.

Paul and i have only walked the property and never been in the units.
    It has lovely grounds.
    And, if it means anything.....there are stairs leading UP to the pool deck area.
    I know that could affect your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    am trying to decide on renting a phase 1 unit, at Playa Linda, anybody have a input , or shall I say, any info, would be appreciated

Love Playa Linda! We were just there for a week (Oct. 28-Nov. 4) We were in unit 301, a studio and it was plenty roomy for hubs and I. Love the terrace, love the pool, loved the beach, loved the beachbar, shops, restaurants, employees, etc...In a word...LOVED!!!!! Seriously, we loved everything about it! Oh just thought of one thing we didn't like/love...coffee pot was a 4 cup'r, meant making several pots in the morning, LOL!!!

I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but when at the Holiday Inn last year we met a family who were renting a time share from the Playa Linda, which is next door. Seems to me I remember that they were not too happy they had to pay an extra fee on top of the weekly rental for pool privileges. Like I said, I've not stayed there myself, but may be something you'd want to check on before renting?.?.

My grandparents have had a timeshare at Playa Linda since 1993. One week in April and one week in November. I just happen to be heading with my wife, son and grandmother this coming Sunday! We love it there....while I have to admit, I've never stayed anywhere else in Aruba (this will be my 7th trip to Aruba) so I can't really say if it is any better than any other accomodations, but I have never been disappointed with the facilities or service. I love the location...in fact last time we were there in 2009, we took a taxi from the airport and walked everywhere else. There's plenty of restaurants and other attractions within walking distance. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Playa Linda to anyone thinking of staying there.

Hi Kath2me. I agree with Elizabeth and Mauro. I think you will Love Playa Linda. You cannot beat the location. (between the Hyatt and Holiday Inn) and right across the street is plenty of shopping. Disclosure: I own several units there, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased, but I can tell you I wouldn't have bought all my units if I didn't think this was the best place to be. Everybody's opinion of what the best is varies, so you have to judge for yourself. Btw, there are no extra charges to use the pool. There is an energy tax that you may have to pay each day, but I believe every timeshare has that. That money goes to the Aruban Government, not the timeshare itself. Good luck and have a wonderful time.

I believe our add'l fees paid at the end of our stay was either 14.50 a day or 15.00 a day! Tax and government fees maybe??? (Dunno)

Aruba since 1979
    it is a government imposed timeshare and energy tax

i think it is based on sleeping capacity or maybe sq footage?

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    I believe our add'l fees paid at the end of our stay was either 14.50 a day or 15.00 a day! Tax and government fees maybe??? (Dunno)

I believe the pool and beach are on two different levels.

How much are the daily taxes? The daily charges are the same for owners, guests and exchanges and are as follows:

Studio:

Occupancy tax $ 9.50 per day

One Bedroom:

Occupancy tax $ 10.28 per day

Two Bedroom:

Occupancy Tax $ 11.88 per day

As an Exchange guest or Transient guest there is a daily Utility Charge of:

$7 for a studio, $9 for a one bedroom, $12 for a two bedroom and $13 for a townhouse.

I own a 2 br in Phase I (1st week May), and absolutely love it. We rented a unit here 5 years ago, and loved it so much, we came home and purchased. I have stayed at the Marriott (Stellaris & Ren) and Radisson, so do have something to compare it to. The pool and beach are wonderful, and the units are spacious, clean and well equipped. Also, can't beat the location right in the center of Palm Beach, with everything right across the street. Odd numbered Phase I units will overlook the pool and beach, while even numbered ones will overlook the PL Townhomes and Hyatt (and prob beach depending on how high up).

Go! Enjoy! You will love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast