Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Question for those that visit over Xmas/NYE

Question for those that visit over Xmas/NYE

Hello All,

We went for our first NYE trip this year and loved it- We would like to return next Xmas for a week but in order to do so I need to trim some expenses from the Xmas trip to make it work it possible- we are also going in Feb, April (solo) and August to renew our vows. We are traveling so much to Aruba of late I need to figure out a way to lower my expenses if I want to be able to celebrate Xmas in Aruba as well.

Where have you stayed when you traveled over Xmas? Were the rates as crazy as they are at the Ritz or even the Hyatt- The ritz when they had rooms were over 1500 a night and the rooms at the Hyatt were 900 or so. We prefer the Ritz but zero chance of me spending that amount to stay there, regardless of my love for the resort and the people that work there.

I am thinking about pricing the Divi Phoenix when they post their prices. Anyone take any "reasonable" priced trips at this time? The weather was perfect, I really want to make it work again but I can't see paying 10k+ to make it happen.

Thanks in advance, jay.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    You mentioned all hotels. Why not look at rentals of a timeshare.
    Another thing to think about.... There is new week this year in most timeshare schedules.
    Week 52 is typically Christmas and week 1 is typically NY.
    A week 53 is now thrown into the mix. Hence reservation issues/ plane tix price high....
    ill pm you a timeshare calendar

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Would you consider renting a villa? We've had success with that and saved A LOT of money.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Tried to pm message but it won't go thru
    try this... I'm sure you can't read this, it's elf size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question for those that visit over Xmas/NYE-image.jpg  

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Aruba since 1979
    i will chime in and say "rent a timeshare!"
    way way way less expensive

Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-11-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Timeshare or villa rental seems to be the way to go!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

That is actually what I was thinking, renting a time share...I have never done it in all my trips but I love the idea of Xmas in Aruba and I can't afford to travel like I prefer then so I am looking for other options, thanks to all of you who have sent me info so far.

Andrea, you have mail.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

First you need to decide which area of Aruba you prefer, low rise vs high rise. High rise is more expensive (generally) than low rise and everyone has their opinions of which area is better but (imo) its a very personal preference. Renting a timeshare is really the most economical way of spending time in Aruba as you can do a lot of meals in which helps reduce the costs of your trip.

Xmas and NY weeks are very costly. This year and next year, NY week is more expensive than Xmas week. This has to do with when the US schools have their break. Week 52/NY week is when the US school break is so if you are wanting to come the week previous then you will get a good break on timeshare rentals. You need to check the calendars of each resort to ensure you have the right dates as many of them are different. Renting from an owner is a great option but you need to do your due diligence to ensure they are reputable and legitimate owners. Some people have been ripped off including from a realty company.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Jay, I been there many times both at Christmas and New Years. I rent from owners at La Cabana and have been lucky to find owners that I have never paid more than $800 for the week. But I don't think you would be happy at La Cabana with the getting up very early to get a palapa on the beach.

A friend loves the Divi Phoenix. He stays there a couple of times a year renting from an owner that he found on redweek. It would be much less expensive to rent from an owner than renting directly with the resort.

If renting from an owner, check-in day is only on Saturday. If you are planning to go for Christmas and New Years note that Christmas week is week 52 check-in on Dec. 24 and New Years week is week 53 check-in on Dec. 31.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 01-11-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Jay, I suggest on your next visit you go look at a room in the timeshare that you are considering renting. Being used to the Ritz and Hyatt, you may be disappointed. We went into Playa Linda before staying there and asked if we could see what a 1 bedroom and a studio looked like. They had no problem showing us without doing any kind of sales pitch presentation. The front desk had a bellman show us 2 vacant rooms with no problems . I've seen good feedback on their kids club too.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast