Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Question for those that visit over Xmas/NYE

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Randi- Thanks for the reply. I would would prefer the spot at the ocean club because it has fewer people. I will try and see both places during my Feb trip if possible but I expect them to be really busy and may not have any rooms available to show.
    Ask to speak with the inventory manager for the Ocean Club and see if you could see a room prior to someone actually moving in. Check in Days are Thurs, Frid, Sat, Sun or Monday so that would be when you could, possibly get into a room before the check in occurs.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks Randi, its also good to know they have multiple check-in days and not just one. As much as I have traveled thru the years, I have zero clue about timeshares. That flexibility of different days looks like it will be an important bonus for us because I am not sure I am going to "convince" the family we should be in Aruba Xmas day. My son wants to be with his cousins and I won't take that away from him, so it looks like we will leave on the 26th.

I really appreciate everyone's input, I will be sorting this out soon. While I wait to make my final decision, I will probably book a hotel room to secure my stay on the island and cancel if/when I find a spot that we think we will enjoy, assuming I can and I should be able to.

Playa Linda is always Sunday to Sunday. We came in a few nights early and even as renters they gave us a discounted "owner's rate" for our extra nights. You will likely have to move rooms if your stay is includes a Sunday that is not your check in or out day. They make it easy and move everything for you, but it's still a room change. And Christmas is a Sunday this year. We joked no way we could do New Years Eve in Aruba and fly home on Sunday the next day. Check out their website, so much information, including a 360 look around the rooms and a members bulletin board for finding rooms for rent by owners
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Act1966- with respect to flights from Toronto, if you are willing to not do a direct flight and book relatively early you can find flights at a more reasonable cost. We don't live in Toronto so we always do two flights and have found that going via Toronto is very costly. Westjet flights at xmas and NY are very expensive (unless you have points, coupons, etc) and Air Canada can be reasonable but you need to grab their flights as soon as they come out. This year we "grabbed" return seats on Air Canada for Sunday Jan. 3rd for $400 per person, which as you know, is a fabulous price. That was done almost one year in advance. I know a lot of Torontoians prefer the direct flights but if you want to save some money, then having a stop over is the most economical.
    Thanks, Randi. We can't take connecting flights as The Spouse is a nervous flier at the best of times so two flights would just heighten the anxiety level. But, yes, that's definitely the way to go to save $$$.

If I was flying on my own I could handle connecting flights, with a little one...we did that once and it was slow torture. We only fly Jet Blue at this point because its direct and the TVS are a huge bonus.

It is official, I won't be staying at the Ritz over next NYE- prices are out today and the cheapest room will cost me $14,700 WITHOUT flights, less than zero chance for me doing that. I thank everyone who has sent me ideas so far. My choice at the moment would probably be the Hilton at 700 per night....still ugly.

Aruba since 1979
    Go to redweek and rent a timeshare at Costa linda or playa linda or Casa deal mar or ocean or surf!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    It is official, I won't be staying at the Ritz over next NYE- prices are out today and the cheapest room will cost me $14,700 WITHOUT flights, less than zero chance for me doing that. I thank everyone who has sent me ideas so far. My choice at the moment would probably be the Hilton at 700 per night....still ugly.

They have "dropped" their price already to a bargain of about $1100 per night, lol. I will be doing just that Andrea, I am waiting to see some prices for the timeshares before deciding what to do. At 1k per night I am not seeing a Ritz trip in the cards but only time will tell what we do.

I lied, they put their prices back at 1600 per night...If I wanted the 1100 nightly bargain I should have already grabbed it, lol.

Hi Daisyscott! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast