Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCI or II?

RCI or II?

Hello,
    I was thinking of trading my timeshare with RCI or II. I haven't done it before, anybody have any luck, good or bad with either?

Aruba since 1979
    i have had good luck using Interval International.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by MWCOOK View Post
    Hello,
    I was thinking of trading my timeshare with RCI or II. I haven't done it before, anybody have any luck, good or bad with either?

I agree. I have heard many people complain about not getting trades with RCI. I've never had a problem with II, and the weeks I use to trade are not my Aruba weeks--they're Cape Cod winter weeks. I don't usually try to trade for Feb school vacation, but have traded for St. Marteen during April vacation, traded for Disney multiple times, and have also been successful getting an extra unit in Aruba for my girls in July on several occasions. II's getaways are great also!

Not many TS gives you the choice of the exchange company.
    Where do you own?

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    Back in the late '90's and early 00's trading for Aruba was difficult, not impossible. In the last few years, however, we've found that RCI just doesn't have any availability. We own in Orlando, 'red time', etc. but we've been told by RCI that the 'red time' in Orlando just doesn't rate in Aruba. Reasons being: 1. there aren't that many time shares in Aruba that are available to trade; 2. People who own in Aruba don't usually trade for other places. So....what we've done is to book air and hotel through Players Choice and use the ts for other places. In addition, we've had to wait many, many months in the past to find out if we had a trade for Aruba and by that time, air fares were through the roof, etc. It just wasn't/isn't worth the hassle. We've 'resigned' from RCI and have joined II. Let's see if things improve....next year.

I own at Playa Linda and am thinking of going to Turks & Caicos next year. I haven't tried trading yet because I usually go to Aruba but want to try someplace new next year. How difficult is it?

I trade with Interval and never have a problem getting to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by MWCOOK View Post
    I own at Playa Linda.....
    Then you're allowed to both.
    In that case I would go with II.

Thank you all for your help, I think I'll join II and give it a try.

Dom
    I trade for Aruba with RCI every year and I very seldom have a problem. I think that is beacuse my timeshare is in Aruba at Playa Linda and Aruba Beach Club. I trade both my fall season weeks for 2 summer weeks at the Costa Linda. I think that rooms are distributed based upon the trading power of the room that you put into the RCI space bank. Because Aruba rooms have a high trading power, I think that I may get top choice once I submit my trade request. RCI calls me quite often to ask me if I want to put my rooms into the space bank for teading.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast