Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Recommendations - Sunset Beach Studios or Aruba Surfside Marina

Recommendations - Sunset Beach Studios or Aruba Surfside Marina

Hi! My husband and I plan to take our 1st anniversary trip to Aruba in September and a babymoon (I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our first). This will be his first time in Aruba and my second. Last time I stayed in Oceania condos and LOVED it. We are 33 years old and not much for partying. We want to relax, explore the island and most importantly have a great view of the beach. We are on a budget, but I tend to like nice hotels or condos, etc. So, where do you recommend we stay - Sunset Beach Studios or Aruba Surfside Marina? Could someone give me a rundown of these places? If you have any other recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Creole

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to throw in BANANAS into the mix too.

the aruba Surfside is down in the surfside area, right on the same property as PINCHOS restaurant. It is near NIKKY and Barefoot. It is a small (maybe 4 or 6) apartments style place. It is clean, the place is nice, but certainly not 5 star. (none of the places i am mentioning are 5 star) we have friends that stay there every summer, (there now) and they love it. to the best of my knowledge has no pool, but is near the beach and the downtown.

the Sunset Beach Studios are up beyond the Marriott and is a nice little complex, has a small pool but is not on the beach.
    it does have a lot of windsurfers that stay there.
    i have met the managers of the place and they are charming people and it is very homey.
    a car rental is not necessary IMO as it is on the busline.

then there is BANANAS which is even up more north than SUNSET BEACH Studios.
    this place abuts the golf course and is a 3 minute drive to Arashi Beach.
    i do not know if the bus goes by, but if it does not it is pretty close by.
    the place is lovely. the owners are affiliated or related to the Sunset Beach folks. the units are clean and nicely appointed. the pool is terrific.

if it were me choosing, and i was planning on renting a car, i think i would not have any problem choosing any of these places.

if you want a pool.....do not choose Surfside.
    if you want peace and quiet, Surfside is directly across from the runway of the airport.

happy anniversary and happy "babymoon"

Quote Originally Posted by Creole_Honey View Post
    Hi! My husband and I plan to take our 1st anniversary trip to Aruba in September and a babymoon (I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our first). This will be his first time in Aruba and my second. Last time I stayed in Oceania condos and LOVED it. We are 33 years old and not much for partying. We want to relax, explore the island and most importantly have a great view of the beach. We are on a budget, but I tend to like nice hotels or condos, etc. So, where do you recommend we stay - Sunset Beach Studios or Aruba Surfside Marina? Could someone give me a rundown of these places? If you have any other recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Creole

Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina Beach, Light house
    We stayed at the Sunset Beach Studios last April. They were small but nice. I would not say fancy but quiet. We had the room right out front where you have a porch to sit on with Ocean view. The price was good and the people who own the place are very very nice!!

My wife and I stayed in the studios "out back" at Sunset Beach Studios a couple years ago. We had a lot of issues with ants and the room itself wasn't all that nice, even for the price. It's also pretty inconvenient if you are a beach person, we didn't spend much time in the water on that trip.