Aruba Beach

Thread: Renaissance Ocean suites kitchenette question

Renaissance Ocean suites kitchenette question

We're going in 4 weeks and staying at The Renaissance Ocean Suites. My husband has dietary issues. He has to keep the salt intake REALLY low. I'll bring some staples that he can eat and then I'll buy a bunch of things at the grocery store. I know there's a mircrowave and mini fridge but does anybody know what the kitchenette has in terms of food prep (bowl, plate, silverware, knife) or should I bring what I need to make his breakfast and lunches? Thanks for all your help.

Kichens

There is enough bowls, silverware, a pitcher, cooking pans for about anything you need. Also if you need anything just ask the maid and they will get it. Renaissance is a Great Place Enjoy!! Also if you go to the store try Ling&Sons they have a good store and a Great Delli. Bill

Awesome. Really helpful. Thank you Bill.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post
    We're going in 4 weeks and staying at The Renaissance Ocean Suites. My husband has dietary issues. He has to keep the salt intake REALLY low. I'll bring some staples that he can eat and then I'll buy a bunch of things at the grocery store. I know there's a mircrowave and mini fridge but does anybody know what the kitchenette has in terms of food prep (bowl, plate, silverware, knife) or should I bring what I need to make his breakfast and lunches? Thanks for all your help.
    My family goes to the Renn 2-3X a year.
    There is enuf plates etc for a family of 4.
    The coffee maker needs filters,easy to pack those.
    There are 2 college size frigs that don't hold alot.
    There is also a toaster, a 2 burner stove, knives, serving spoons, a small asst of pans.Our family brings PAM and a fry pan ( LOL).
    We also occasionally throw in the suitcase flat wraps, frozen cold cuts, a block or 2 of cheese, 1 lb of coffee, creamora, cheese sticks, water drop ins, tootsie roll pops, package of english muffins....
    CIndy

Thanks Cindy. That's way more than they told us would be in the room. Our travel agent asked the hotel and they just said a mini fridge and microwave, so this is huge. With my husband's dietary contraints this will make it so much easier. We went 10 years ago before we had a child and before the dietary issue so this is all a little different and more challenging. Now I can plan what to pack in the "food suitcase".

Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post
    .... That's way more than they told us would be in the room.
    Our travel agent asked the hotel and they just said a mini fridge and microwave...
    Wait... that's maybe because you will have an hotel unit and not a timeshare unit...
    Only timeshare units get to have all the cooking stuff...

Did you make your reservation via Marriott or a travel agency?
    If so you will only have a mini fridge and a microwave... sorry...

We booked it through our travel agent. If there is only a microwave and mini fridge, that's ok. I just need to know if I have to bring a bowl, plate, utensils, etc. to make breakfast and lunches. ( Next time we'll stay at a time share with a full kitchen but we didn't know how to go about doing that this trip. When we booked, out travel agent said this was the only place left. )

I'm 99% sure that you do...

Maybe someone else could confirm that?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    I'm 99% sure that you do...

Maybe someone else could confirm that?
    GOOD POINT Pierre !!!!!!!!!
    Yes, Pierre you are right. Floors 2 and 4 are hotel suites. I would suggest you ask for pool deck, floor 3 and 5 that way island girl would be guaranteed the items that I listed. Cindyo