Aruba Beach

Thread: renaissance question

renaissance question

I have my conformation for suite 2553 at the Renaissance. can anyone tell me anything about this suite? Also do you check in at the main lobby even if you are on the time share side?

Thanks
    Next Aruba trip in

No need to check in across the street, check in where you are staying.

Room 2553 is upper floor facing the parking lot(I think), there is still nice sunset views over looking the ocean from there. We stayed on that side back in April.
    Last edited by arubamark; 02-16-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Room 2553 is a great corner unit on the 5th (highest) floor of the resort. From the balcony, if you look straight ahead, it is ocean view, and you can see Renaissance Island. If you look to the left, you'll see Queen Wilhemena Park. Since it is a corner unit, you'll have an additional view on the right side of the balcony, which faces the pool area.

The Renaissance Ocean Suites building is shaped like the letter "L" and room 2553 is on the end of the short side of the "L." These end units (2550, 2551, 2552, 2553) as well as the units on the other end of the "L" (2546, 2547, 2548, 2549) are slightly larger than the other units in the resort. (I hope that doesn't sound too confusing!)

I'm fortunate to own unit 2547 during week 3 (I had a great time a few weeks ago, and wish I were there now!) and am looking forward to my week 30 in unit 2550 at the end of July.

You'll love the Renaissance!

Chip

Here's the view from your balcony...

The only difference? Yours is two floors higher...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODjdzpSZ-ng

Great thanks, I want to leave now. Its snowing here and the power is out. I had to dig out my generator to keep the house heated. This time Friday I will be there.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaChip View Post
    Room 2553 is a great corner unit on the 5th (highest) floor of the resort. From the balcony, if you look straight ahead, it is ocean view, and you can see Renaissance Island. If you look to the left, you'll see Queen Wilhemena Park. Since it is a corner unit, you'll have an additional view on the right side of the balcony, which faces the pool area.

The Renaissance Ocean Suites building is shaped like the letter "L" and room 2553 is on the end of the short side of the "L." These end units (2550, 2551, 2552, 2553) as well as the units on the other end of the "L" (2546, 2547, 2548, 2549) are slightly larger than the other units in the resort. (I hope that doesn't sound too confusing!)

I'm fortunate to own unit 2547 during week 3 (I had a great time a few weeks ago, and wish I were there now!) and am looking forward to my week 30 in unit 2550 at the end of July.

You'll love the Renaissance!

Chip
    Thanks Chip! How have you been? We hope all is well.

Good to hear from you, Mark! I hope all is well with you, Doreen, and the kids. I'm fine, but missing Aruba more than ever after a snowy few weeks here in Pittsburgh!

My Aruba trip (January 15-22) was great as usual -- once I got there! To make a long story short... I was to leave Pittsburgh and connect in Charlotte to Aruba. We were sitting on the plane here in Pittsburgh for a while, and the announcement came over the speaker that there were mechanical problems, and the flight was canceled! So, we had to re-book.

So, I went to US Airways special services, and they re-booked me to leave several hours later, flying to Charlotte, then Charlotte to Miami, and them Miami to Aruba (on American airlines), due to arrive in Aruba at 11:30 p.m.

So, after waiting around the Pittsburgh airport for several hours, I flew to Charlotte, and went to the gate for the Miami flight... and it was delayed to the point that I would miss my connection to Aruba in Miami! So, I had to re-book again! I had to stay overnight in Charlotte, and left Charlotte the next morning at 7:30 a.m. for Aruba. When I landed in Aruba, I wanted to kiss the ground!

Although I lost a day of my vacation, I do have to say that the US Airways special services folks did their best to help me. In defense of US Airways, I also have to say that this was the first time in my 15 travels to Aruba that I had any major issues.

Looking forward to my July Aruba vacation... with no airline problems, I hope!