Aruba Beach

Thread: Rental Questions

Rental Questions

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a time share unit for the 1st time in the summer of 2010 and was wondering:

1- How do you know that the person that you are dealing with over the phone or e-mail actually own's the time share unit that you are discussing?

2- What are typical payment terms, should I be paying someone in full right away?

I'm excited about this but I'm also a little nervous about getting scammed.

Any thoughs/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    That is a very good question. I would like to see the response on this.
    a time share would be good for my family, due to small children...

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I'm in the process of selling one of my units. In the past, I have only rented units. The 1st thing to do is contact the timeshare resport (phone or email) to make sure the seller is the owner of the specific week they are renting. Also, the owner must have paid their maintenance fees paid (and assessment fees, if any) for the year that they are renting. I have always had the renter pay in full in when they have rented one of my units. I know other timeshare owners that have asked for a % upfront and the balance to be paid a certain amount of time before occupancy of the rental (say 60 days).

Liz-Aruba Lover,

Thanks for the information, I will definately contact the resort to make sure everything checks out. As far as payment goes I guess the safest way would be by personal check?

Liz
    For your protection always use a credit card, because there is built in protection. I own a condo on Eagle beach, which I rent out, it is not a timeshare, if you are interested in renting from me, give me a call and I will have you look at my web site 413-596-6456 or cell 413-244-6880
    Good Luck
    Tim Nelen

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim nel View Post
    Liz
    For your protection always use a credit card, because there is built in protection. I own a condo on Eagle beach, which I rent out, it is not a timeshare, if you are interested in renting from me, give me a call and I will have you look at my web site 413-596-6456 or cell 413-244-6880
    Good Luck
    Tim Nelen
    Tim I am not looking to rent a condo or timeshare. I'm in the process of selling one of mine. But I still own another 6 weeks. Regarding paying by credit card, when I rented out any of my units, the renter mailed me a check. I do not take credit cards and don't know any timeshare owners that do unless they have a business.

The time I rented from another owner, she requested a bank check in the full amount. I then received a confirmation of the reservation in my name.
    crosby