Aruba Beach

Thread: Rental vs Hotel

Rental vs Hotel

Hi all.....well, I spend quite some time arguing with the people at US Air. I was attempting to book frequent flier miles to Aruba for our first anniversary. I went through all the steps and is should have cost me 47,500 points. I got an error and had to call. I argued all the way up to the supervisor that I was on line and she continued to tell me it was going to cost me 80,000 points. After being put on hold twice, she came back and told us she got us round trip FIRST CLASS......Tim had to purchase some extra points in order to fly first class with me. In the end it is cost us $400 for both of us to fly first class to and from Aruba. What a great way to start our first anniversay week.

OK, so now we are trying to decide...should we go back to Amsterdamn? We were looking at renting a spot at Oceana.....we found a nice looking place there....does anyone know anything about this place? We have friends that will be staying at their place the same wee at La Cabana......
    Next Aruba trip in

Rental vs Hotel

Hi all.....well, I spend quite some time arguing with the people at US Air. I was attempting to book frequent flier miles to Aruba for our first anniversary. I went through all the steps and is should have cost me 47,500 points. I got an error and had to call. I argued all the way up to the supervisor that I was on line and she continued to tell me it was going to cost me 80,000 points. After being put on hold twice, she came back and told us she got us round trip FIRST CLASS......Tim had to purchase some extra points in order to fly first class with me. In the end it is cost us $400 for both of us to fly first class to and from Aruba. What a great way to start our first anniversay week.

OK, so now we are trying to decide...should we go back to Amsterdamn? We were looking at renting a spot at Oceana.....we found a nice looking place there....does anyone know anything about this place? We have friends that will be staying at their place the same wee at La Cabana......
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    WOW good for you with the 1st class.
    Oceania is a lovely place and i will dig around here and try to find a trip review from a former member that either rents or owns there.

Aruba since 1979
    WOW good for you with the 1st class.
    Oceania is a lovely place and i will dig around here and try to find a trip review from a former member that either rents or owns there.

Aruba since 1979
    Kathy's trip report

check out the above thread.

also too, in the SEARCH on the left side of this page clicke, then enter in search OCEANIA.

and....moving this thread to Where to Stay

good luck !!

Aruba since 1979
    Kathy's trip report

check out the above thread.

also too, in the SEARCH on the left side of this page clicke, then enter in search OCEANIA.

and...copying this thread to Where to Stay Apts and Condos

good luck !!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-21-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Cool...Thanks Andrea. I know, can you believe I was able to pull off first class round trip. It basically turned out to $200 each. We are already looking forward to it!
    Next Aruba trip in