Aruba Beach

Thread: Resort Fees

Resort Fees

Do resorts in Aruba have resort fees? Many of the hotels in the US are now charging $20-30 per night in addition to the room cost.

Aruba since 1979
    some timeshare resorts have a fee
    a daily tax
    and daily energy surcharge

i do not know about hotel rooms
    there may be a tax for hotel rooms.

If booking directly from the hotel, ask before hand what the total cost is. Most do not include the additional taxes in their "per night" cost.

For example, I just looked at one hotel online and their nightly rate is $140 with a declaration...

"Rates subject to 22% Tax and Service Charge and 4.00 Energy Charge Per Night"

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl

Good Cause...

Quote Originally Posted by ranman1973 View Post
    Do resorts in Aruba have resort fees? Many of the hotels in the US are now charging $20-30 per night in addition to the room cost.
    While not a fee to the resort, I did not know (but after considering benefit, thought it was a nice idea) that the Divi AI places a donation to the local YMCA amounting to $1 per day of your stay. They are quick to identify it when you settle things at desk and VERY quick to be sure you know it can be removed. I thought it an acceptable donation to the children of Aruba (obviously, trusting most of the proceeds go directly to the children and not the administrative costs).