Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Resort Reviews

For what it's worth, I appreciate what you ladies are faced with when moderating that area especially and thank you for being so diligent with it. As was the case with the Renaissance wedding thread closed recently, it was to the benefit of everyone for it to be cut early before it got out of hand. The benefit is greater in that it wasn't deleted because planning brides still deserve to hear about other wedding experiences. I'm not sure that anyone would have benefited from it deteriorating any further.

As a planning bride that mostly lurks (until now I guess!) those threads sometimes feel really all over the place. But they are helpful as all hell. The key is that you take that information in and allow it to help form your own opinion and decision on how to approach your own wedding. I feel like if every bride/groom steps back from all the info and focuses on the things that are important and true to them, a lot of the info is easily filtered.

Thanks to both you and Lisa for helping maintain this great resource for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    boy you said it!
    it is all opinions here.

as someone said, disregard the bad and the good and find the review in the middle.

and the wedding section is so difficult to moderate.
    what is true? untrue? self promoting? over exaggerated etc???
    the wedding section is indeed a place where "grain of salt" has to be taken one at a time.
    as moderator, i find it a section of the forum that causes me great distress.
    if i were a bride or groom, i am not sure "how i would feel".....certainly confused at least.
    lisa and i are in touch with each other re: the wedding section and we do the best we can and that is often times not enough.

Aruba since 1979
    thank you for the kind words.
    they mean a lot.

andrea james
    Quote Originally Posted by msbeckyt View Post
    For what it's worth, I appreciate what you ladies are faced with when moderating that area especially and thank you for being so diligent with it. As was the case with the Renaissance wedding thread closed recently, it was to the benefit of everyone for it to be cut early before it got out of hand. The benefit is greater in that it wasn't deleted because planning brides still deserve to hear about other wedding experiences. I'm not sure that anyone would have benefited from it deteriorating any further.

As a planning bride that mostly lurks (until now I guess!) those threads sometimes feel really all over the place. But they are helpful as all hell. The key is that you take that information in and allow it to help form your own opinion and decision on how to approach your own wedding. I feel like if every bride/groom steps back from all the info and focuses on the things that are important and true to them, a lot of the info is easily filtered.

Thanks to both you and Lisa for helping maintain this great resource for us.

A good reminder for all of us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12