Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Rona's thoughts "Alternative Accommodations"

Aruba since 1979
    walt...here is my aruba story from almost a year ago.
    we stayed at bananas
    Paul and Andrea J. May 6 to 19

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I agree with CindyO, I would have bet half of the visitors stayed at timeshares alone. Andrea, looking forward to your review of Banana's.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    walt...here is my aruba story from almost a year ago.
    we stayed at bananas
    Paul and Andrea J. May 6 to 19
    I thought the place sounded familiar. I must be getting old...

Aruba since 1979
    join the club

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I thought the place sounded familiar. I must be getting old...

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Amigoe ~ Google translation:

Consultation with Amsterdam regarding accommodation Tourism

Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 13:46

AMSTERDAM - Tourism Minister Otmar Oduber and director Ronella Tjin Asjoe-Croes tourism organization ATA spoke last week in the Netherlands with officials of the municipality of Amsterdam. The topic of conversation was the global trend that tourists prefer to 'other accommodation' than stay in big hotels.

Councillor Laurens Ivens told the minister and director of the Memorandum of Understanding signed with Amsterdam Airbnb. Through this agreement, the municipality can regulate and monitor these accommodations. Although the situation in Aruba is different than in the Netherlands, there are similarities regarding this trend. Oduber lets examine if the Amsterdam concept would also work on Aruba, so include taxing 'other accommodation' is properly paid. It is also important that the community must accept this type of accommodation in their neighborhood. Aruba is supported by the City of Amsterdam to regulate these hideaways.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/224032-o...atie-toeristen

I stay at MVC for two weeks, because it is more affordable. We have stayed at the Riu, the Renaissance, and Amsterdam Manor, but our budget only allows 1 week at these places. MVC is clean, basic, and I like the fact that there are no palapa wars. We are now looking into renting. My son and his wife stayed at La Felicidad for 10 days. Had a beautiful apartment with access to a lovely pool, whirlpool, and barbeque. We would absolutely rent a car, but the more we go to Aruba, we realize there are other nice options. We want to keep coming back, but might have to think outside the box a bit.

When we first started visiting, we stayed in traditional hotels (Hyatt and then Westin). Once we had children, we moved over to a timeshare (Surf Club) because it is so much easier for us to have a full kitchen and additional living space. Right now, my kids are at an age where a resort environment makes the most sense. But I would certainly consider renting alternative accommodations when they get older. We are actually renting our first house from Airbnb for a trip to Bryce and Zion this summer. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    I stay at MVC for two weeks, because it is more affordable. We have stayed at the Riu, the Renaissance, and Amsterdam Manor, but our budget only allows 1 week at these places. MVC is clean, basic, and I like the fact that there are no palapa wars. We are now looking into renting. My son and his wife stayed at La Felicidad for 10 days. Had a beautiful apartment with access to a lovely pool, whirlpool, and barbeque. We would absolutely rent a car, but the more we go to Aruba, we realize there are other nice options. We want to keep coming back, but might have to think outside the box a bit.
    Susan, we are definitely seeing homes here for rent are REALLY booming and I totally get it. Most owners are making it very alluring for people to rent. the price is really good, depending on place and size, a lot of homes have all the conveniences of "home". People save on $$ by not eating out 3 times a day, and bring less clothes because they have washer/dryers; they have their own private pools and normally bbqs... and of course they can stay longer.

I believe there will always be the people who enjoy the resort life, and won't change, but there are many who are "changing" their thinking.... especially the millineums with kids....

Liz
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

Hoping this is the right place to post.
    Been looking at different sites and noticed that flipkey has some amazing prices.. Was wondering if it safe and this one particular place is tripadvisor safe.
    Pay through credit card or paypal
    Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Hoping this is the right place to post.
    Been looking at different sites and noticed that flipkey has some amazing prices.. Was wondering if it safe and this one particular place is tripadvisor safe.
    Pay through credit card or paypal
    Any thoughts??
    The one axiom that has always held true: if it seems too good to be true, it usually is... Never buy a ten dollar mattress.

That being said, payments can be rescinded through both credit cards and PayPal.

True, but remember the Trop $30 deal a bunch of us got in on. Sounded too good to be true, but it was true!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast