Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharing of pools @ Marriott

Sharing of pools @ Marriott

Grandparents may be staying at the Ocean Club while we stay at the Surf Club. Any issues if they come join us at the Surf Club pool or vice versa? I'm assuming that they will not be able to bring their towels over.

Thanks,

Sorry but they won't let you now. Perhaps they may not be as strict going to the Ocean Club but Surf Club you need a bracelet to swim in the pool. Unfortunatley, too many issues with the SC pool with regards to overcrowding. Everyone wants to use the Lazy River so they had to stop the sharing.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Smile

Tell your friends staying at SC to get you pool bracelets. Tell them when you check in that you need 8 pool bracelets. The only time you need bracelet on is if you are in the lazy river. Thats the only place they check. I would leave your towels over there but each rooms have 8 towels.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

make sure they take the bracelets off before going back to the Ocean Club. While we were there, security was kicking people out of the pool who had Surf Club bracelets on.

I am on Aruba staying at the Surf.The pool police do check you for your bracelet's and ask you to put them on when you are in the pool.Do what Kent said ask the person staying at the Surf to get extra bracelet's.

Angry Sorry about what I am about to say but

I hate to me the "Party Pooper" in all of this but........

People at the Surf Club are constantly complaining about crowding, especially at the pool (I am a beach person but do occasionally go into the lazy river) and as I have said a few times on this BB, you are your own worst enemies (sorry to say this)!!!

People have paid good money to own at the SC and their units cost more than OC units for a few reasons, one of them is the Lazy River. If you guys want to tell everyone how to beat the system, a system they put in place to help the owners be able to enjoy THEIR pool then don't complain that you can never get a chair or the pool is too crowded. If someone chooses to buy or rent at the OC,at a considerable less amount than, then is it fair that they then come and use the SC pool?? Come on guys, I am not trying to be mean but we all know that there is a crowding issue at the SC and by allowing others to beat the system then we are making things worse for ourselves!!!

Why do people rent at the OC rather than SC?? Generally speaking, its because it costs less to rent a unit at the OC. The OC pool used to be packed!!! Now during peak season the pool is relatively empty while the SC is at capacity. Hmmm, where did all those people go that used to sit at the once packed OC pool area?? SC is bursting at the seams and all of us owners are furious because we have no space. Well when they come asking for more money so they can build another pool to accomodate all the owners who are upset, please don't complain about the added expense. You helped create this problem and perhaps make it appear worse than it is.

I am sorry if this seems rather callious but I paid good money for my units at the SC and get frustrated by the crowding issues too. It makes me angry when I see others making a situation worse. When we go to the SC it is during week 51 and 52, when it is soooooooo busy and I try my best to be considerate of others. Telling people how to "rip off" the sytem is not being considerate of others....sorry to say!
    Last edited by Randi; 10-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Good day Randy,

I think many OC owners will disagree with some of your assessments...

Why do people rent at the OC rather than SC??
    Generally speaking, its because it costs less to rent a unit at the OC
    ... SC units cost more than OC
    Not true when comparing 2 bedrooms against two bedrooms on Redweek the rental prices are about the same. Same for the resale prices of the Platinum 2 bedrooms Oceanview units. (We cannot compare Platinum Plus)

The OC pool used to be packed! ...where did all those people go that used to sit at the once packed OC pool area??
    One could answer that since there is no reprocity usage the SC owners that use to be at the quieter OC pool now are back to the SC lazy river...

Telling people how to "rip off" the sytem is not being considerate of others...
    On that we completly agree!

Hi Pierre,
    I guess my comments were directed to my main experiences during Platinum Plus weeks. I also travel during Platinum too but only recently.

As for prices, things have changed greatly from a few years ago. When we bought (prior to construction of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th buildings) we did compare the pricing and it was significant. Prior to the Surf Club being built we did stay at the Ocean Club (loved it too) and the pool area was packed. During the early years of the SC when only the first building was open and the lazy river was not completed many people used both pools. There was a reciprocity agreement between the two buildings but the SC had to pull the plug as the OC pool became very quiet and the SC pool was OUT OF CONTROL and only the two buildings of the SC were open.
    I remember a family coming down to look at the Lazy River and stuck up a conversation with our family. They were interested in buying a Platinum week. They weren't sure if they wanted/could spend the extra money for the SC but the sales office gave them the option of buying the OC as it was a lower price. They told them you could own at the OC but use the lazy river (which was their attraction to the Marriott). This was at a time when the owners of the SC knew that this would be the last year of reciprocity.
    Some people are very happy to own at the OC because the pool area is much quieter than the SC. But my comments are based on what was...

Again, I will state that the OC pool was once packed (prior to SC opening) and now it isn't, so where did all the people go? Perhaps, with SC bracelets obtained under false pretences????

With today's economy, perhaps the gap betwen the prices (selling privately) of the two complexes have become closer but that was not always the case.

So many of the SC owners have been so frustrated by the lack of space at the pool that they have investigated building another one. This, of course, will cost all of us owners more money. There is no question there is an over crowding issue at the SC but as I said, it may not be as bad as it seems because people are finding ways to let others use the pool. I am not trying to sound mean or righteous but it is just reality. We complain but we don't do anything to help ourselves. Management is trying to help us and we are shooting ourselves in the foot by finding ways around the system.
    Last edited by Randi; 10-24-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    .... Again, I will state that the OC pool was once packed (prior to SC opening) and now it isn't, so where did all the people go? Perhaps, with SC bracelets obtained under false pretences???? ...
    I wasn't there before the SC construction so I can't really tell , but could it be because of the pools usage reciprocity at that time between the Stellaris and the OC?

I'm sure that there is a few users that use fraudulents bracelets but I always was under the impression that is was a marginal number of users that do so (something like less < 1%), is it your personal impression as well or do you feel it is much more then that?

Marriott has also started to issue tags for the chairs,what happens next year when the people that have stayed this year bring there tags home...Are they going to make new tags every year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast