Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharing of pools @ Marriott

Good point DannyO!! I think they will issue new ones each visit. No perfect answer to this issue. People keep complaining about the pool and then when things are done to try and help people find ways to cheat the system.

When I was there in Feb. they started the chair tags. What I found helpful was that you didn't need to bring down your towels anymore. This was great if you needed to wait to get clean towels in the morning if you missed the towel hut in the afternoon.

I am not sure the exact number of people who try and use the SC pool but as I stated before, it is suspicious that the OC pool is not busy at all. Where are all the people who stay at the OC going? They are not all at the beach as I don't see the beach any more crowded than in past years? When the hotel and OC had pool reciprocity, it wasn't much of an issue. Most people usually stayed at their own pools. I found more people moved around the beach. With the exception of using the huts, you could use the beach chairs at any of the three areas up until recently.

What I do know is that I still see and hear people sneaking into the SC pool but I have no idea what percentage. The management is trying their best but I don't really know what the solution is? However, as owners we should be more helpful with the situation. Like, don't give out bracelets and be considerate with the chairs. At Christmas time we are 6 families and we need around 25 chairs but we don't get 25 chairs because some of the children never end up using them. It is a waste of space so we usually get 20. We see people getting large amounts of chairs that sit empty most of the day. People take chairs at the beach and the pool. People take shade and sun chairs. I could go on and on but you get the idea. All this does is help make the situation worse at the beach and pool area.

Having spent a considerable amount of time at the SC last winter not during week 51 &52, I got to see a lot of what people do to try and beat the system. Of course there are always ways of doing that but let's try and not help others find ways of doing this??
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Maybe I will leave hubby at SC with the kids and my friend and I will go to OC. I like empty pools. Two less of us there will help. Hubby will kill me but haha, too bad. We will be at SC and I had no idea that it being a madhouse was going to be an issue. Drats.

Quote Originally Posted by kpb1nv View Post
    Maybe I will leave hubby at SC with the kids and my friend and I will go to OC. I like empty pools. Two less of us there will help. Hubby will kill me but haha, too bad. We will be at SC and I had no idea that it being a madhouse was going to be an issue. Drats.

I am sorry I am not trying to scare you. I am talking about the peak season during Xmas and New Year's week when most popular destinations have crowding issues. Depending on when you are there depends on what is going on. When I was there in March, it was busy not like Xmas and people found chairs etc. I was mostly discussing people trying to rip off the system by giving each other bracelets etc. and allowing people to come to the SC when they don't stay there. If you are going to use the beach, I wouldn't worry too much just leave your towel and join your family. The pool is much more of an issue. Just go and enjoy as it is a great place!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I agree with you Randi!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrclinda View Post
    i agree with you randi!!
    thanks!!

I agree also.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I agree with Randi as well - if you want to enjoy the benefits of the Surf Club - then stay there. It is that simple.

We had read all the stuff about the beach being crowded & the lazy river being over run - when we were there last year we had our pick of places to sun oursleves at the pool & we were the only ones in the lazy river at times. It was wonderful. We are morning people - so we had our spot picked out by 9 am. Around 1 - we were done from the sun & headed in - there were still plenty of places open.

We were there in June of last year - so I don't know how crowded it can get at the holidays. We loved the Surf Club so much we traded our week for another week in Aruba.

Looking foward to it!!

OMG you wouldn't believe it! We sit at the beach but we see and hear all about the craziness during platinum plus. Sometimes peoples tempers get so bad there are almost fist fights.
    During week 51 there is one man who gets about 30 chairs in the morning. He is a regular and goes and gets for a large group. They take over an entire section and he places the chairs so no one else can sit there or even get by. Most of the morning, many of the chairs sit empty. Some of his guests do stay at the Ocean Club but they all have the blue towels so they are sitting along the SC pool and many people just get so angry with him but he doesn't care one bit. He is a little loud so you can hear that he doesn't care that people are annoyed with him.

GReat when is loud man at SC?? We'll be there in March

Aruba since 1979
    per randy
    loud man is there during week 51

if you are a march person, you are home free!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyC55 View Post
    GReat when is loud man at SC?? We'll be there in March

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12