Aruba Beach

Thread: Staying at Divi Dutch Village....Good or Bad??

Staying at Divi Dutch Village....Good or Bad??

Hi All,

I will be going to Aruba for the first time this Sept. My boyfriend and I are stayin at the Divi Dutch Village. We would like to hear your comments about the place.

Good experience, Bad experience....let us know

We stayed at the Dutch Village from April 10th to April 16th. We booked the room as a suite option through the Tamarijn, which gave us the all inclusive deal. That way we had access to all the bars, restaurants and facilities at the Tam and Divi.
    We had a 1 bedroom suite in Building 6. Ground floor room with a patio that opened up to the lawn by the pool with the wooden bridge.

Nice features of the room: separate air conditioning in the bedroom and the living area. Air conditioners were not loud at all. The bedroom had 2 large closets, one closets had the safe that you set the code yourself. Not a lot of dresser space, but each closet had a shelve. Bed was a king size that was a little too firm for our liking. There was also a TV in the room.

Bathroom was a basic bathroom. Full bath. Storage under the sink.

Kitchen area was nice. The room came with 6 place settings, pots/pans, silverware, wine and beverage glasses, mixing bowls, 10 cup coffee pot, toaster, convection/microware oven, blender and a flat top stove. It also had a full size refrigerator.

Dining table had seats for 6 people.

Living area had a pull out sofa, which was very uncomfortable to sleep on, and 2 arm chairs and color TV with a DVD player. Sliding glass doors to the patio. Patio had a small table with 4 chairs and a lounge chair. Nice feature was there was a ceiling fan outside.

Housekeeping kept the room very clean, mopped the floors everyday. A plus about the room was there was a lot to storage, another closet was located by the door and the kitchen area.
    On a negative side I thought the room had a musty smell, but my husband did not smell it.
    Internet was free, but it was very slow at times.

I would stay there again.
    Enjoy your stay and I hoped the information is useful.

Thumbs up

stayed last Aug for a week 2nd floor 1 bedroom was nice ..balcony overlooked hot tub was modern, clean and the bed was comfortable ..i did not like the beach near Divi Dutch to many rocks and sea weed besides not enough huts for beach goers..had to walk further down to another spot and that location at times had a sewer smell and the beach huts was far from the water and i did not leaving my valuables so far away... but I would go again there for the room and as for the beach i would walk all the way to the end -much nicer at the Divi near the end or drive on over to eagle beach--rent a car you will enjoy it -

thanx for your comments.

we stayed at divi dutch village 4/6-4/11. Our building was really old looking and a bit run down at first glance but our room was nice, very clean, full kitchen, BLENDER included! We were on the first floor by the tennis court. Our room opened to a small older pool. Quick walk to the beach. Used the golf cart shuttle service to go to the Tam. Really enjoyed how laid back it was. Never had a problem finding a tiki hut. I would love to stay there again!!

Divi Dutch has all the comforts of home. Nice place. Have to check in and out across the street at the divi village and golf and get a free golf cart or van ride over.

1 bedroom ask ahead for room 51 on 1st floor with pool #1 outside. studio, ask for room 112 on 1st floor with pool #3 right outside room. 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse on 2nd and 3rd floors with pool #2 right below balcony, ask for room 76. each pool has a hot tub near it.

100 foot walk to beach at the tamarijn. Have fun.