Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staying in Seroe Colorado? Too far from the action?

Quote Originally Posted by ccallado View Post
    Hmm. I appreciate the feedback...definitely will have to think about it. I really want to be able to do some fishing without having to worry about when the beach-going crowd is going to show up. But as you all mentioned, I am concerned that we will get sick of the 30 minute drive back and forth.

Thanks for the replies!
    Do you just stand on the beach and fish? (I know nothing about saltwater fishing) If so, some of the beaches in the low rise areas are much less crowded than, say, the Hyatt.

Seems like there are a bunch of threads on here that might help.

https://encrypted.google.com/search?...+aruba+fishing

We do plan to do charter fishing, but obviously we can't afford to blow $800 a day for the entire week we are down there. So the other times we just plan to park our butts on the beach and throw some lines out. I have looked at most of the threads on this site regarding shore fishing, and there is not a whole lot of information to be found. My limited research indicates that shore fishing has the most potential on the southeastern part of the island - down by Baby Beach and the Refinery. The big open water fish from the north side apparently swing around the tip and prey on all of the smaller fish that populate the snorkeling sites.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Lightbulb

Simply put, saving money may not be worth risking your life. As seasoned veterans who visit Aruba frequently we are worried about your safety. There are some great deals on timeshares that can be had on this board from the low rise to the high rise area. You can fish for free where the locals do, right by the shore next to the Renaissance. Also, you can cut a great deal with fisherman at the Marina downtown.

I applaud you for doing your homework before you stay anywhere. Enjoy Aruba!
    Cheers,
    Susan

Next Aruba trip in

Thanks. While I'm not sure we'd have been risking our lives down there, I do think you guys are right to steer us away from that area. I'll be looking for a home up near the resorts.

Again, many thanks for the honest feedback!

Joe

You can rent really nice affordable large timeshares, condos, apartments or homes in Aruba on this site, visitaruba.com, redweek, vacationrentalbyowner (vrbo), craigslist under housing-vacation rentals and other online sources. If you decide on a particular timeshare like Casa Del Mar, Costa Linda, Aruba Beach Club, Playa Linda, etc., they have their own sites with bulletin boards where owners post rentals. You can also post your own free ad saying what you are looking for on many of these sites.

I'm not sure what you are looking for or what your budget is but you can get a 2 bdrm, 2 bathroom with a pullout couch as well (sleeps 6) and full kitchen (maid service too) in the lowrise area for anywhere starting at $750 per week and up. Just keep an eye out and negotiate. You would be surprised at the deals you can get. The same TS I rented is renting for the weeks right after mine for $100 a week cheaper that what I paid and I think I got a great deal.

I think everyone on this board is right and you don't want to be driving 30-40min each way to the main part of the island every other day.

Good luck!

"We do plan to do charter fishing, but obviously we can't afford to blow $800 a day for the entire week we are down there"

Would you be practicing the catch & release program if you are fishing everyday? If you fish everday and have any luck at all, it would almost be wasteful/irresponsible not to release them because the fish are very big down there!

I'm not sure how much fishing you need to do but we chartered a boat on our first full day on the island and we had so much fish in our freezer by the time we were leaving! We ate fish every day and even gave it away to just about everyone when we checked out. And the crew on the boat filets the fish for you- can't put a price on that!

amarg, thanks for the tips. i have a new direction for my research so your information helps!

Erica, if we keep anything, its just what we can eat that day. I'm looking forward to seeing just how big the fish actually are! We will probably only be able to afford 2 days out on charter but that should be more than enough to get a shot at a big catch!

You're welcome. I hope it does help as it's the kind of information that I wish I had gotten when I came on here. The people have been very helpful on this forum, but the info can be very overwhelming, contradictory according to opinion and the topic can go in different directions at times. I totally understand what it's like to try and plan an Aruba trip and try to make the right decision. Housing for when you are there and airfare are the hardest to figure out. It's nice to have an idea of what's an average price and what's a good price. Without some sort of marker, if it's your first trip, how arey ou supposed to know? When someone says to me "you can get a good deal" or "it's not expensive"l well I want to know details because one person's cheap can be another's average. For example, I think Mc Donald's is cheap but others may say that Tony Roma's is cheap. It's all relative.
    Therefore, as you can see on this site right now, there's a 2bdrm, 2 bathroom with full kitchen available at Costa Linda, which is a great place to stay I hear, for $750. That is a good deal and right on par with what I posted earlier, $750 and up is the norm but you can get even cheaper, keep an eye out and negotiate.
    If you have any more questions, I can try and help you as I've been doing lots of research for weeks. Private message me though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12