Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Staying at Surf....need tips....

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Can you reserve an entire 7 days for $10 a day or are you limited to two days with a third day "no beach palapa for you"???
    Unless they changed it since we were there last July, they let you reserve for 2 days at a time. You can actually reserve them any time the hut is open which is most of the day. People do line up and wait until 4pm when they let you reserve for free so they can get near the front-but then you are closer to the boat rentals and rides, so it's not a preference for us. We have always been there in the July-September period and have never had a problem getting a palapa or a lounge at the pool. I suspect it is different during the winter season.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 03-13-2012 at 11:15 AM.

You can not rent for 7 days,. its 2 days at a time..at least it has been past 6 years we have been there.. so as soon as you get there go to where you get the huts on the beach and check out when you can get it you may not get it on sun but as I said before I usually rent for 2 take a day do pool or go downtown then reserved the following 2 days that way you don't have to be down at 6 am to hold a pool chair...

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    the last time we were at the ocean club which was probably 2008 or 2009 you could rent i believe for a max of 3 days at a time and there were $20 palapas right next to the water, next row were $15 and the farthest row from the water were the $10 palapas..has this changed..or were we taken..i'm sorry but with the ocean club and surf club selling from anywhere from $17,500 to $30,000 per timeshare i think the palapas should be free to all..just my opinion..we pay maintenance fees and sometimes special assessments having to pay to use a palapa i believe is ridiculous..
    scott and tricia

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Does anyone know whatkind of coffee maker is in the room? Also, is there a fry pan ?

Question Thinking out loud here...

I wonder how many people purchasing a t/s at the OC or SC are unaware of the fact that

1. palapas are tightly restricted, when you are able to get there at the crack of dawn to claim one
    2. that you can have one, but for only two days, BUT have to pay a fee for it.

I wonder how many people purchasing a t/s at the OC or SC are unaware of the fact that

1. palapas are tightly restricted, when you are able to get there at the crack of dawn to claim one
    Unless it has changed since the 1st of the year, @ Ocean Club since they started the current Palapa program, every other Palapa is available for pre-reservation @ $15/day with a 3/day maximum. The other 1/2 reserves the morning of use at the Towel Hut, which opens at 7am. The line however starts forming about 6am. By 7:30am the 1st 2 rows are full.

The program stated because of complaints from the late risers and when the started building the Surf but didn't have the Lazy Pool or Surf Club beach.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Does anyone know whatkind of coffee maker is in the room? Also, is there a fry pan ?
    The coffee maker is a Mr. Coffee (basket) type-I can't remember the exact brand and they provide the filters. There is a full cabinet of pots and pans and lots of dishes, knives, etc. There is also a blender- a must for margaritas- and a microwave, so pretty much a complete kitchen.

Both the Surf and Ocean Clubs hold 50% of the palapas for free distribution-many in prime locations. You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn or pay, just line up before 4pm to get one. We are always at the SC in the summer and i have never had a problem getting a palapa-free or ortherwise. I'm sure all bets are off during Christmas vacation and President's week.

Quote Originally Posted by ctfirewife-mjn109 View Post
    but 1 thing I can add...MUST wear cover up and shoes when you are going back to your room from the pool/beach. Trust me, some people get pretty heated about it. I had a not so nice "conversation" with a hoity toity woman last month when we had to make a quick get away from the pool with the baby and just wrapped towels on us and put on our flip flops.time!
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Thanks for the tip on coverups...I bet some people think they are the coverup police !!!
    Keep those tips coming...
    Sorry cindyo.....ctfirewife just convinced me.....bathing suit, flip flops and no cover-up. Maybe a cuban cigar too!!!! I loooove stress-free, fun vacations!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Does anyone know if the internet is free in the guest rooms at the surf. I remember last time I believe the lan line was free with a code?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast