Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Glenn

Thread: Sunset Beach Studios

Aruba since 1979

Sunset Beach Studios

This place is NICE!

We visited here in November and decided to make the switch from another studio apartment place to here for our May 2018 trip.

Well here we are and we loved it here.

We made the break from timeshares/resorts a few years ago and it suits us fine.

Sunset Beach Studios are a group of maybe 10 or 12 studio units some ocean front, some ocean view and some garden view.

Each unit is meticulously clean and fairly well appointed.

The pool is sparkling clean, the owners and staff are accommodating and kind.

The property is locked at night and there is a night security man. Guests are given the passcode for the locked gates.

Parking is safe and ample off street parking!

Give this place a try if you want to get away from the hussle and bussle of the resorts.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Andrea,

I'm still moving through the various threads, replying to some of them. This thread about Sunset Beach Studios caught my eye and I thought I would toss in my two cents.

We have stayed twice at SBS, and greatly enjoyed it both times. As you said, it is small, clean, with great owners and staff. Both times we stayed in Ocean studios; in Ocean 1 in 2013 and Ocean 2 in 2015. Our favourite part of the day was the early morning, having breakfast on the porch and watching Aruba wake up. Loved the pool and pool area.

Being just that little bit beyond the big resort area is something we enjoy. Peaceful and quiet with much less traffic.

I love the idea of the property being locked and secured at night. It just adds to the peace of mind.

I did a trip report on the place back in October 2015, and I think one of my comments may still be valid. We found the layout of electrical outlets a little baffling. Outlets in places where you don't need them and wouldn't expect to find them; and no outlets where you really do need them. Like we used to do when we stayed at The Mill, at SBS we put the coffee maker on top of the Bible so the cord would reach the outlet.

We are hoping to go back to SBS in the fall of 2019. Is the off-shore wreck still there?

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    Yes the wreck is still there!!!

we like SBS!!