Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Surf Club Construction

Surf Club Construction

I already tried search without success.

Thinking about trying to go to Surf Club end of June or early July.

I had read on some other site about the pool possibly being closed for construction in the Fall.

Is this true? Am I safe to go in June or July?

It would be a major bummer for the kids not to have the pool/waterslide.

Thanks!

Apologies if wrong forum

In searching the internet I can find no references to it.

Can you point us in the direction of what you read. There may be a misunderstanding.

The construction of the new adult only swimming pools at both the Surf Club and Marriott Stellaris were both at times, referred to by some, as "renovations" although they were both "new" construction.

Both of the pools are now completed.

If by any chance there are any pool renovations, I never recall any Aruba resort doing pool renovation at any other time of the year other than late fall when it is the slowest time of the year.

thanks I'm not sure where I read it... maybe one of the recent tripadvisor reviews... if I see it again i will post it.

thansk

I went back and reread this year's annual SC owner's letter and there is no reference to any pool construction this year. Last year they built and opened the new adult pool at the SC but it never impacted the other pools and the lazy river-maybe that's what you read about on trip Advisor. They also just built an adult pool over at the the Marriott hotel that I believe has also opened.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 04-16-2012 at 12:20 PM.

When I was there last September there were signs in the hall and elevators regarding refurbishment of the pool with the bar in it. We too are planning this years trip and trying to plan around it. Yet every time I call, no one seems to know what I am talking about.

Let me know if you find anything out. Thanks!

I called the hotel again on Friday and they deny any upcoming construction or renovations. However, I did find on another site that said the seaworthy pool will be closed 9/6 - 10/16 for renovations. We get in on the 9/14. Greeeeeaaaaat!!!!
    Last edited by shanb42; 04-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.

If you want to believe everything you read on the internet, I just read,
    "The Seaworthy Pool will be closed Thursday, September 5, 2012 - Tuesday, October 15, 2012 for pool renovation. This project will NOT impact the "Lazy River". The "Lazy River" and pool section attached to the "Lazy River" will remain open as well as the adult only "Serenity Pool". Captain's Galley Restaurant and bar will also remain open throughout the project."

Closed 2013 not 2012-

Found this on the Marriott Aruba Surf Club site.

Marriott's Aruba Surf Club., Seaworthy Pool closed for renovation September 6-October 19, 2013. The Lazy River, Lazy River Pool, Serenity Pool and Captains Galley restaurant/bar not affected and remain open.