Aruba Beach

Thread: Surf Club pool closing

Surf Club pool closing

I just got an email confirmation from interval stating the the Surf Club Seaworthy pool will be closed for renovations Sept 6-Oct 19, 2013. Upon
    further research on other forums, apparently it is closing same dates, but
    this year. That's when we are going! Called the Surf Club, but nobody can
    confirm this. Can anybody confirm? If it is in fact closed, I can just imagine the
    crowds in the lazy river. I know it is their slowest time of year, but this is something I don't want to experience while there.

Google this subject and you will find old information, hearsay and a bunch of inconclusive nonsense.

You need to phone the resort in Aruba directly. There has been a lot of information on internet on a variety of forums regarding this.

Hotel reservations "systems" have the renovation has being 2013.

I was finally able to pin someone down on committing to make the phone call. They were told that the renovation was canceled.

If it is going to make or break your vacation one way or the other, it will be worth the $20 phone call to get a direct answer. Ask for the persons name for future reference in case you are given the wrong information. Worst case scenario sort of thing.

Let us know after you have made the phone call what kind of response you receive.

I am also moving this to "where to stay" so that it does not get "lost" in timeshares for sale.

We just got our reminder confirmation from Marriott for our stay at the Surf Club on July 5 and the following was included, so I guess it is true. Sounds like half the pool (I'm not sure if it's the upper or lower) will still be open as well as the adult pool.

Important Notice(s)
    Please note that the Seaworthy Pool at the Aruba Surf Club will be closed Tuesday, September 4, 2012 - Wednesday, October 17, 2012 for pool renovation. This project will NOT impact the "Lazy River". The "Lazy River" and pool section attached to the "Lazy River" will remain open as well as the adult only "Serenity Pool". Captain's Galley Restaurant and bar will also remain open throughout the project.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 05-27-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Unhappy

I just called the Surf Club, and they did confirm the pool will be closed this year, and not 2013