Aruba Beach

Thread: Surf Club Pull out Sofas

Surf Club Pull out Sofas

Hi All:

I am coming to Aruba next week for 10 days. There are five of us and we are staying at the Surf Club - 2 bedroom unit. One person will be using the pull out sofa in the living room to sleep. Th matresses and pole will kill your back. We were wondering if anyone knows where we can purchase an inflatible bed on the Island. We were going to ship one down, but the cost was prohibitive. It would cheaper to buy a seat on the plane for the bed. Well if anyone can advise me, I would deeply appreciate the information.

if it were me, the 2 bedroom unit has 2 pull out couches, one in the living room and one in the guest room. I would take the mattress from the 2nd one and double up in the living room. Problem solved with no extra $. Hopefully its comfortable enough. Worth a shot.
    Next Aruba trip in

or.... do what we do. take inflatable mattress as one of your traveling parties carry on. We take a queen aero with no issues. It travels well in its carry case (draw string bag).

Leaving for Surf Club on June 13th! Third trip, but first as owners. Counting the days!!!

Ted
    Next Aruba trip in

Thad no worries as the staff is very accommodating.....on the other hand I am sure you can pick up a portable at ACE Hardware - adjacent to all of the markets. They have bailed me out on numerous occasions for nickle/dime last minute needs, without killing your pocketbook. Of course, if all else fails you could always flip to see who gets/or doesn't get THE BEDS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trnst7 View Post
    if it were me, the 2 bedroom unit has 2 pull out couches, one in the living room and one in the guest room. I would take the mattress from the 2nd one and double up in the living room. Problem solved with no extra $. Hopefully its comfortable enough. Worth a shot.
    great idea! In the lighthouse building they have put new mattresses which are significantly better than previous ones.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank you for your great suggestions. I think we are going to box up the inflatable bed we have as a precaution, just in case the new mattresses aren't that comfortable. With any luck, maybe they will be ok. Using all suggestions, doubling up the mattresses, bringing the inflatable. We will be in the lighthouse building.
    Again thank you all for your input. We are very excited to be leaving on May 31st for 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    great idea! In the lighthouse building they have put new mattresses which are significantly better than previous ones.
    Sweet! Oceanside = Lighthouse = Our new TS ownership!! When did they replace? Just recently?
    Next Aruba trip in

The lighthouse building got their 5 year soft reno this past summer. My 170 lbs teenage son sleeps on the sofa bed. Every year he has complained about the mattress but this year he said the new one was much better!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents