Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tons of kids

Tons of kids

Does anyone know what holiday week was last week in Jan there were a ton I mean a ton of families at the surf club.....I know it is not a school vacation week and they were not from another country but the US?????

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    did a lot of the boys have yamulkas (sp) on?
    there is a large/huge congregation of jewish folks from a synagogue in brooklyn ny that visit the marriott properties the last 2 weeks of january each year.
    this is the only explanation i can think of.

Yep that was it....thanks andrea.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Some other boards have named it 'hell week'. Lots of kids,
    little supervision.

I will never go to my timeshare (SC) during the third week in Jan. I am disturbed, disgusted and embarrassed by their behaviour.

Don't know why the SC doesn't take a firmer hand with this large group of people?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I will never go to my timeshare (SC) during the third week in Jan. I am disturbed, disgusted and embarrassed by their behaviour.

Don't know why the SC doesn't take a firmer hand with this large group of people?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thats the answer......I have heard about it but DON'T want to see it.

Aruba since 1979
    paul and i saw the crowds.
    we went up to marriott one evening to have drinks with friends.
    there had to have been 500 folks in the marriott's hotel lobby, adults and kids.
    the adults were ignoring their kids and the kids were running wild in the lobby area and outside near the bellmen.

the marriott apparently requires them to post a bond to cover damages.

while in aruba, i had emailed arubalisa and sherry to discuss the situation with all of the guests at the marriott. i did not want to bring it up on the board for fear of my post being misconstrued as antisemitic.

one of the things that i find interesting is that they eat their meals in the marriott's ballroom. chefs and cooks and food are brought in.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul and i saw the crowds.
    we went up to marriott one evening to have drinks with friends.
    there had to have been 500 folks in the marriott's hotel lobby, adults and kids.
    the adults were ignoring their kids and the kids were running wild in the lobby area and outside near the bellmen.

the marriott apparently requires them to post a bond to cover damages.

while in aruba, i had emailed arubalisa and sherry to discuss the situation with all of the guests at the marriott. i did not want to bring it up on the board for fear of my post being misconstrued as antisemitic.

one of the things that i find interesting is that they eat their meals in the marriott's ballroom. chefs and cooks and food are brought in.

andr
    They would eat in the ballroom as they must eat Kosher food. They must have made arrangements for this. I do understand how this discussion could be misconscrued as anit-semitic but I feel people are discussing the behaviour of the people in this group in a non threatening manner.

I have heard of this group when I am down in Aruba and as a Jewish person, I am embarrased as it tends to paint the all of us with the same brush. I have heard the comments by the local people and I just don't know what to say!

As with any group, Jewish or otherwise, if they are disrespectful, loud and cause a lot of disruption to others then they should be refused to use the hotel/resort. I was told they use to go somewhere else in Aruba but were finally told no more. I will never go to the Marriott at this time and I know lotsof others who won't either. Perhaps, if enough people complain or let the Marriott know that they are loosing other people's business due to the poor behaviour of their large group of guests then might take the complaints more seriously. This is just fact based on the people in this groups behavouir nothing to do with their religion.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    ya i was very hesitant on bringing it up for the fear of it being misconstrued.

bad behavior by folks...any folks is unacceptable.

randi i should have included you in on my messaging and questioning 2 weeks ago when i was "confused".

live and learn ignorance is not bliss.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    They would eat in the ballroom as they must eat Kosher food. They must have made arrangements for this. I do understand how this discussion could be misconscrued as anit-semitic but I feel people are discussing the behaviour of the people in this group in a non threatening manner.

I have heard of this group when I am down in Aruba and as a Jewish person, I am embarrased as it tends to paint the all of us with the same brush. I have heard the comments by the local people and I just don't know what to say!

As with any group, Jewish or otherwise, if they are disrespectful, loud and cause a lot of disruption to others then they should be refused to use the hotel/resort. I was told they use to go somewhere else in Aruba but were finally told no more. I will never go to the Marriott at this time and I know lotsof others who won't either. Perhaps, if enough people complain or let the Marriott know that they are loosing other people's business due to the poor behaviour of their large group of guests then might take the complaints more seriously. This is just fact based on the people in this groups behavouir nothing to do with their religion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast