Aruba Beach

Thread: TripAdvisor votes on #1 place Aruba????????????

Exclamation TripAdvisor votes on #1 place Aruba????????????

I love Aruba & was sorry to see them rating on the #1 hotel in Oranjestad. I sure this is a lovely place, but why travel all the way to Aruba to be at a remote hotel? Any thoughts on tripadvisors reviews. Please note I did not mention the hotel on purpose. Would like to see how accurate these reviews are. I did contract Tripadvisor, but no response. Any thoughts?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    What hotel was it?

Paradera Park
    I really did not want to cause any trouble, just wanted TripAdvisor to be aware. However they now have my hair on end. I wrote a review, & they will not post it. I will paste their response below.
    Title: NOT NEAR ANY BEACH+ MIDDLE OF NOTHING
    ID#: 103064597

You go to Aruba to do beach activity. I found these reviews to be very misleading. If you do not mind having to cart beach chairs around, then??????? But this is not a vacation
    Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write to TripAdvisor. Over the years, we've learned that a review without a substantive account of the traveler's experience is not very helpful to other travelers. Therefore, we do not post reviews in which the only content offered is a link elsewhere or just a couple of words.

very confused as to what they are talking about.....I do however agree that it is nice when on vacation to be near the beach...but when I am in Aruba, I am so happy to be there that a little walk to get to the water is not really that much of an issue....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    we have no control over anything tripadvisor.
    tripadvisor is related in no way to aruba.com.

did you ask tripadvisor as to why?

thread is now closed since it is in no relation to this forum.

on a side note, paradera park is a place where we have stayed pre timeshare, probably 4 yrs ago and we loved it. not at all in a convenient place if expecting to be near the beach.