Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?

Question Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?

After checking out hotels, timeshares and so on, I think that we might end up just renting a condo off of either airbnb or vrbo.

There are several (and by several, I mean around 9) located in Noord, around Palm Beach, and in a 26 unite Condo Comples called Wacamaya.

Is anyone familiar with this place? Most places being rented seem to be remodeled, up to date, have a/c and hot water (which I have seen that this seems to be a luxury there because not all places have it). They have everything we need (including full kitchen, supplies for the beach such as a cooler and chairs, and so on). It's located across the street from the grocery store (Ting Wei), so it sounds like a prime location...close to everything but yet a little bit away from the crowded resort areas. It also seems to have an awesome pool with waterfalls and so on. It seems like the perfect place for my family.

So...just wondering if anyone has stayed here and their thoughts? Or locals that know the area and could provide thoughts as well. (Oh, it is also gated, which includes the parking lot).

The other question is, I have found several of these places listed on both airbnb and vrbo...BUT they seem to have different pricing depending on which site you are on. I thought that was odd. You can tell they are the same price because of the specific pictures they provide of the inside (such as the bedroom or living room). Could the difference just be that one site may charge them for their services than the other? I mean obviously I am going to go with the cheaper site for the same place.

Lastly, are there certain things I should ask the owners about prior to booking? I know a/c, hot water, which floor (1st or 2nd), anything else I would need to know or inquire about? I did see that some people list things like "$35 utilities allowance" or "$40 electric allowance". I have no idea what "$40" will get you. I know they are trying to limit abuse of using the a/c and prefer that you turn them off when you leave and only have them running when you are there. But, I still have no idea how far $40 would get someone. LOL I would hate to be shocked at the end of a trip to find out I owed this huge bill for electric. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The condos are located just before Gold Coast and Tierra del Sol. They are right off the highway which is somewhat busy. An OK area.

$40 won't get you much. I own 2 Villas and rent to vacationers. I give a $75US allowance for water and electricity. Most renters in parties of 2 or 4 manage to stay within the allowance though some do go over. Primarily the electricity usage and airco.
    A novel set in Aruba "Journey of Betrayals" available now on Amazon or at certain bookstores in Aruba
    "The sequel "Journey to Unknown Consequences" available this November, 2017
    John the (aquaman) www.homeaway.com/3507664 or www.homeaway.com/3903317

You'll need a car to get to the beach (and pretty much anywhere) if that's on your agenda. Ting Wei is okay for emergency items but you'll want to shop at Ling's or Superfood. Ting Wei does have a great liquor selection but you pay a premium for it. The Wacamaya always reminds me of an old-style motel but, if it's clean and you just need somewhere to sleep, you're good to go. We used to stay east of there in Rooi Santo (a residency behind Ting Wei).... I walked down to Ting Wei around 8:30 one night and the noise was pretty loud coming from the apartments so be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    The condos are located just before Gold Coast and Tierra del Sol. They are right off the highway which is somewhat busy. An OK area.

$40 won't get you much. I own 2 Villas and rent to vacationers. I give a $75US allowance for water and electricity. Most renters in parties of 2 or 4 manage to stay within the allowance though some do go over. Primarily the electricity usage and airco.

Ok, good to know about the electric. Only 2 of the places mentions the electric charge and the others do not. I will have to double check with the others about that to make sure that it just wasn't mentioned. All of the reviews seem to be great on the places and none of them mentioned that they went over the electric allotment. So, that made me think that maybe $35-40 was enough.

Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    You'll need a car to get to the beach (and pretty much anywhere) if that's on your agenda. Ting Wei is okay for emergency items but you'll want to shop at Ling's or Superfood. Ting Wei does have a great liquor selection but you pay a premium for it. The Wacamaya always reminds me of an old-style motel but, if it's clean and you just need somewhere to sleep, you're good to go. We used to stay east of there in Rooi Santo (a residency behind Ting Wei).... I walked down to Ting Wei around 8:30 one night and the noise was pretty loud coming from the apartments so be aware of that.

Yes, we plan on renting a car no matter where we decide to stay. We will be trying to cover all of Aruba and doing things daily, so will need a car anyhow.

I will keep that in mind about Ting Wei. Where is Ling's or Superfood located? Any place close to here?

Are you a local of Aruba and have seen the Wacamaya Condo's recently? Or was this awhile back? I'm wondering if maybe they have updated them and they are nicer now? From all the pictures (no matter which person has them for rent), it looks like a really nice place (both inside and the grounds). Of course since I have never seen them in person, I can't comment on personal experience and only have pictures to go by.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-pool-area.jpg   Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-pool-bridge.jpg   Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-pool-waterfall.jpg   Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-night-pool.jpg  

Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-balcony.jpg  

More of the grounds and interiors: (These are all random pictures that the owners have posted and not all necessarily the same apartment).

Attachment 6070

Attachment 6071

Attachment 6072

Attachment 6073

Attachment 6074

Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-bath.jpg

Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-shower.jpg

I mean to me, it looks like a lovely place to stay and the insides are pretty nice and updated. But of course I have never been there, so it's hard to say and I can only go by the pictures that I see online.

Most of the reviews have been really positive about their stay there and saying that it's a lovely place.

Aruba since 1979
    i see you have posting the thumbnails down well

Aruba since 1979
    we have friends that own (live) in there and it is nice.
    not over the top elaborate , but nice.

OTE=AudiaS4;318954]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bath.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	6075

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	6076

I mean to me, it looks like a lovely place to stay and the insides are pretty nice and updated. But of course I have never been there, so it's hard to say and I can only go by the pictures that I see online.

Most of the reviews have been really positive about their stay there and saying that it's a lovely place.[/QUOTE]

We have never stayed there but have toured the property a few times when looking at condos to purchase. I agree with everything that act1966 stated. We found the pictures to be a little better than the actual property, but that's personal taste. It is a relatively small property.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast