Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?

Aruba since 1979
    exactly, the photos really are quite better than the actual place (imo too)

re: the supermarket question
    the closest large supermarket would be Superfoods. about 3+ miles from the apartment.
    another large on is Lings about 5+ miles from the apartment.

you have a child with you correct?
    would you consider a resort (timeshare or hotel) with large pool, beach access, kids' programs?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i see you have posting the thumbnails down well

Yes, except I can't figure out how to upload more than 1 picture at a time. It takes forever doing them one by one. It does say file(s), which leads me to believe there's a way to pick all 5 photos and then hit upload and it will do them all together...I just can't figure out how.

we have friends that own (live) in there and it is nice.
    not over the top elaborate , but nice.

Thanks for letting me know. We're not really looking for a resort type of place. If this vacation is anything like when we cruise, we are hardly in our "room" on the ship except to get dressed, shower, change and sleep. I figured with an apartment/condo, at least we'd have separate rooms to sleep in and it would be a little like having our "own" place and the added value of having an actual kitchen to cook in would mean that we could save money making breakfast before leaving for the day, having a refrigerator to keep things like maybe sandwich meat in to pack for our day trips to the beach, then IF we didn't feel like going out for dinner, we could have a day of maybe using the grills there and have a cookout. It just seems like the perfect option to us since we really stay on the go most of the time. The nice saltwater pool is an added plus because my daughter is a fish (well, mermaid if you ask her) and she'd definitely get a lot of use out of it maybe in the evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We have never stayed there but have toured the property a few times when looking at condos to purchase. I agree with everything that act1966 stated. We found the pictures to be a little better than the actual property, but that's personal taste. It is a relatively small property.
    Thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate it. I don't mind a small property and I have only read 1 review out of a lot that stated that the property appeared better in the pictures than in real life. We're not too hard to please...as long as it's safe, clean and have the things that we need, we'll be fine. I just don't want to end up in a property that is in a really bad neighborhood or something.

exactly, the photos really are quite better than the actual place (imo too)

re: the supermarket question
    the closest large supermarket would be Superfoods. about 3+ miles from the apartment.
    another large on is Lings about 5+ miles from the apartment.

you have a child with you correct?
    would you consider a resort (timeshare or hotel) with large pool, beach access, kids' programs?
    Thanks for the info on the 2 other grocery stores. I have located them on google earth and marked them appropriately. I appreciate it.

Yes, we will have our 9 year old daughter with us.

All of the resorts/timeshares I have looked at have been a lot more than staying in this condo, which is why I was considering it, along with the ability to make a few meals/breakfast. Usually I never consider making meals while on vacation because...well, I'm on vacation. But, breakfast is no biggie and being able to store food is an added plus too. It can be a big pool, or small pool, it wouldn't matter to us really. As far as the kids programs, usually you have to pay extra for that. After a full day exploring Aruba and the beaches, I'm not sure if that's something that we would use or not. I guess it would depend on the day we had, if our daughter wanted to go and the cost.

Do you have a suggestion in mind?

Aruba since 1979
    Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-img_0532.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-img_0541.jpg
    well they are sideways
    i just held my command key and chose these 2 photos
    (renaissance ocean suites area aruba)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0532.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	6077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0541.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	6078
    well they are sideways
    i just held my command key and chose these 2 photos
    (renaissance ocean suites area aruba)

Which key did you use? (Where is the command key?) Is that the same as the control key? (ctrl).

Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-p4201112-copy.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-p4201234-copy.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-p4201371-copy.jpg

Trying again to see if it works.
    Last edited by AudiaS4; 07-02-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: YES! It worked!

Aruba since 1979
    lower left next to spacebar

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post

Are you a local of Aruba and have seen the Wacamaya Condo's recently? Or was this awhile back? I'm wondering if maybe they have updated them and they are nicer now? From all the pictures (no matter which person has them for rent), it looks like a really nice place (both inside and the grounds). Of course since I have never seen them in person, I can't comment on personal experience and only have pictures to go by.
    We own land in the residency behind Ting Wei... the area is called Rooi Santo. And we own a house north of there in the Ruby area. We're not locals but have spent a lot of time in the area. Our friends stayed in the Wacamaya twice while on island with us. So we've seen inside in 2013 and 2016. It's clean and fine for what you've outlined. My only thing was the noise. Not sure if there's on site security to handle any issues. Our friends said there were only three nights in a total of fourteen nights when noise was a slight issue.
    Last edited by act1966; 07-02-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Wacamaya to Superfood:

https://goo.gl/maps/69Pad9V8tX52

Wacamaya to Ling's:

https://goo.gl/maps/wWnBa4Mgbg12

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We stayed at Wacamaya our first year. I would not stay in them again. The photos are way better. Also, they are rather small. My point is they photograph alot better. From the street view of the property it looks like a run down motel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast