Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    We stayed at Wacamaya our first year. I would not stay in them again. The photos are way better. Also, they are rather small. My point is they photograph alot better. From the street view of the property it looks like a run down motel.
    Yep. I imagine that's why they never seem to show any pictures of the exterior.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We own land in the residency behind Ting Wei... the area is called Rooi Santo. And we own a house north of there in the Ruby area. We're not locals but have spent a lot of time in the area. Our friends stayed in the Wacamaya twice while on island with us. So we've seen inside in 2013 and 2016. It's clean and fine for what you've outlined. My only thing was the noise. Not sure if there's on site security to handle any issues. Our friends said there were only three nights in a total of fourteen nights when noise was a slight issue.
    Thanks so much for your opinion. I wasn't doubting you, just wondering if they had remodeled since you seen them last.

Do locals live in this complex...like full time? Or are they all just rentals? I wonder if that's why they are so noisy...because they are possibly just people on vacation renting them out and maybe partying or something.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Wacamaya to Superfood:

https://goo.gl/maps/69Pad9V8tX52

Wacamaya to Ling's:

https://goo.gl/maps/wWnBa4Mgbg12
    Thanks! That's not far at all.

We stayed at Wacamaya our first year. I would not stay in them again. The photos are way better. Also, they are rather small. My point is they photograph alot better. From the street view of the property it looks like a run down motel.
    I hate to hear that. I have seen some pictures of the outside in a few listings. While it doesn't look really lush or resort like, the picture that I did see looked like a hotel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Yep. I imagine that's why they never seem to show any pictures of the exterior.
    Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-outside.jpg

I did find another cute little cottage-type place. It looks to be a little further out though. The location says Northshore Cottage.

The description says:

This cute cottage is located at Seru Pela, on the edge of a protected nature area, just 3 minutes by car from the hotels and the Tierra del Sol golf course.

It has a well thought out lay-out, a relaxed beach house feel and a light and fresh cottage-style interior.

Fully furnished and has has all the amenities you are looking for, a complete and modern kitchen, living-room with cable TV, DVD, laundry facilities, airconditioning, hammock.

The master bedroom has a queen size bed and an en-suite bathroom. In the upstairs loft the second bedroom is open to the livingroom below. It has additional 2 single beds and a toddler bed.

The cottage is uniquely located in pristine natural surroundings on Aruba’s North Shore on the Northern tip of the island. It’s located right on the border of the residential area called "Seru Pela" on the West and Aruba’s newest protected natural area "Salt Spray Park" to the East. It is bordered on 3 sides by this protected natural area.

It's very quiet and very peaceful and with lots of space. The surrounding area is beautiful for hiking, mountain biking, several ponds nearby. Trails leading to small secluded beach and ocean nearby.

Wide open views of magnificent sunrises and sunsets. And of the Alto Vista Chapel to the South, the California Lighthouse and Tierra del Sol Golf course to the North. For nature lovers this location is utterly amazing.

Anyoneknow where this might be and is it in a good location? Of course it doesn't have a pool or anything (and that will be a bit of a drawback for our little one because I know she would enjoy a pool in the evening).

It has everything we would need....AND...it comes with:

• VIP access card for the Moomba Beach Club, located nearby (within 2 car minutes or a 15 minute walk)
    • Discount card for the Super Food grocery store
    *private BBQ

It sounds pretty secluded, but I'm not really sure.

Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-4174c4cf-2240-4fde-8333-1e70b60b90e9.c10.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-a6f0ee41-1693-4b82-b8e4-18d3b38ea977.c10.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-f1754261-79d3-4a9d-b92e-565cd5dc6c36.c10.jpgName:  ee99ded1-3da0-43ba-bb1b-3c82dac60be3.c8.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  1.5 KB

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I've never stayed at the north shore cottage but they get great reviews. I did check them out but they were always booked. we now stay at the gold coast villas by the Tierra del Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    I wasn't doubting you
    Didn't think you were...Good luck!

wacamaya when it rains has a terrible mosquito problem,the water sits behind the building.bring bug spray just in case

Aruba since 1979
    have you checked Aquaman's rental house?

the north shore cottage, although cute, seems to be dropped out in the middle of nowhere.
    i could not find the area on the map so i could get a good reference.

a few years ago there was a young couple that wanted to rent that cottage.
    they made lots of postings and there was plenty of conversation about it.
    they never did post a trip report so i never read if they liked the place or not.

shoot forum member Aquaman an email to see if his place might be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

the north shore cottage, although cute, seems to be dropped out in the middle of nowhere.

they never did post a trip report so i never read if they liked the place or not.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Nor...=en&authuser=0

Aruba since 1979
    thanks act!

and...that is more than a 2 minute drive or 15 minute walk to the beach

love your lime

I've never stayed at the north shore cottage but they get great reviews. I did check them out but they were always booked. we now stay at the gold coast villas by the Tierra del Sol.
    I looked up gold coast villas and the first one that popped up was $600 a night! After looking at some more, I found ones for $200/$250 a night...then I stopped looking. I'm not really looking to pay that much nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    wacamaya when it rains has a terrible mosquito problem,the water sits behind the building.bring bug spray just in case
    I always bring bug spray everywhere I go...just in case. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

How do I find this Aquaman and where is his place located?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast