Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?

  1. #41
    Senior Member AudiaS4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Anywhere there's a beach involved
    Posts
    273
    The rooms

    Wacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-563e5efe-2a9b-4af2-8b3a-44ce69444ddb.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-a418d0c9-ddbc-414e-84f6-f161b8f5bb04.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-b4b3a9e5-b2f9-423c-ae2a-bfff089a7938.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-e993eea5-2aef-4ba2-a030-7bfd1c460f4e.jpgWacamaya Condo's- Good place to stay?-f63a4564-0013-4a1f-b798-68446c822eff.jpg

  2. #42
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    I will check them out. Thanks! I sent you an email too about another one I found. Hopefully you might know a little about it.

    A place with at least 1 bedroom will work for us. A sleeper sofa is fine for the munchkin.

    Yep, I did know about the desert and knew that the cottage we were looking at has 3 sides that are the desert. I honestly think it would be kinda cool (and you know me, I'd get some neat photography in with the cactus growing, sunsets and deserts and so on). We will be on the go during the day and will be (where ever we stay) probably only at night and early morning. I know that the munchkin would enjoy a pool there on location, but then again, she (we) might be too wore out to enjoy it. Gotta remember all the pre-cruise stays we've had (all with pools) and I would say maybe 25% of the time we don't even get to use them (although actually staying in one spot, more than one day, would make a difference). But thanks for looking out for me. I appreciate it (and everything you've helped me out with) tremendously.



    The Breeze says $125/night, but doesn't really mention if there are any "other" charges involved.

    The Pearl...just a bit too much $$ per night for us ($198) plus it says they are not available for booking at this time.





    I did figure it out. Thank you. He replied, but says to call. I seriously hate talking on the phone and forget things (and usually refer back to emails or conversations for reference...which you can't do during a phone call).




    Is this aquamans place? If so, it's absolutely gorgeous, but probably pretty expensive since it's a private (entire) home. I tried getting a price for the dates and according to the site, it said that it's completely booked solid for the rest of the year.



    Which accommodation is this you are referring to? I'm confused. Is it the homeaway link above?
    It's in our Signature. Our unit only accommodates two people though.



    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

  3. #43
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,423
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    The rooms

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	563e5efe-2a9b-4af2-8b3a-44ce69444ddb.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	6095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a418d0c9-ddbc-414e-84f6-f161b8f5bb04.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	6096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4b3a9e5-b2f9-423c-ae2a-bfff089a7938.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	6097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e993eea5-2aef-4ba2-a030-7bfd1c460f4e.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	6098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f63a4564-0013-4a1f-b798-68446c822eff.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6099
    We, along with a number of forum members stayed at the Tropicana last year when they were offering a killer deal for around $25.00 a night. I think we paid around $770.00 for three weeks with taxes and fees. It's still going through renovations and the your pictures are of the older rooms. They are pretty good size and come with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. The renovated rooms are updated, minus the washer/dryer. The people and property are very nice and within easy walking distance to the beach. It is also very close to Super Foods, but do not walk there, as the road crossing is very dangerous; always take a cab to it. Be aware that this is a timeshare resort, so the sales people will tail you. Just politely tell then your not interested and they'll go away. If you are interested plan on two plus hours before you can escape.

    I'm sure others can offer their opinion.



    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    I will check them out. Thanks! I sent you an email too about another one I found. Hopefully you might know a little about it.

    A place with at least 1 bedroom will work for us. A sleeper sofa is fine for the munchkin.

    Yep, I did know about the desert and knew that the cottage we were looking at has 3 sides that are the desert. I honestly think it would be kinda cool (and you know me, I'd get some neat photography in with the cactus growing, sunsets and deserts and so on). We will be on the go during the day and will be (where ever we stay) probably only at night and early morning. I know that the munchkin would enjoy a pool there on location, but then again, she (we) might be too wore out to enjoy it. Gotta remember all the pre-cruise stays we've had (all with pools) and I would say maybe 25% of the time we don't even get to use them (although actually staying in one spot, more than one day, would make a difference). But thanks for looking out for me. I appreciate it (and everything you've helped me out with) tremendously.



    The Breeze says $125/night, but doesn't really mention if there are any "other" charges involved.

    The Pearl...just a bit too much $$ per night for us ($198) plus it says they are not available for booking at this time.





    I did figure it out. Thank you. He replied, but says to call. I seriously hate talking on the phone and forget things (and usually refer back to emails or conversations for reference...which you can't do during a phone call).




    Is this aquamans place? If so, it's absolutely gorgeous, but probably pretty expensive since it's a private (entire) home. I tried getting a price for the dates and according to the site, it said that it's completely booked solid for the rest of the year.



    Which accommodation is this you are referring to? I'm confused. Is it the homeaway link above?

    Hi

    Yes the Villa you looked at is booked. However, my other Villa is available for those dates. Check it at www.homeaway.com/3507664.

    I had suggested calling as I also like to speak to find out exactly what a renter is looking for. Andrea, the moderator for this forum has been to this Villa of mine. You might want to ask her about it.

    if I could understand exactly what you are looking for I could respond by pm or email

    regards

    john

  5. #45
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,154
    i have been in John's other home/villa and it is LOVELY. i would stay there with no hesitation.

    also too, we have stayed at the tropicana numerous times and most recently in nov 2016 for 15 nights.
    we too got in on the awesome deal, as did schexc, and brady bear.
    we had a partially renovated unit (all that was left to be done was replace living room furniture)
    we loved the trop and would stya there again without question.

    yes indeed.......do not walkt to or from the grocery store superfoods.
    take a cab or use a rental car.
    the cars are not cautious about pedestrians.

  6. #46
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    The rooms

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	563e5efe-2a9b-4af2-8b3a-44ce69444ddb.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	6095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a418d0c9-ddbc-414e-84f6-f161b8f5bb04.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	6096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4b3a9e5-b2f9-423c-ae2a-bfff089a7938.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	6097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e993eea5-2aef-4ba2-a030-7bfd1c460f4e.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	6098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f63a4564-0013-4a1f-b798-68446c822eff.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6099

    I have stayed at Tropicana many times and love the size of the rooms for my family of 5. Great price for the accommodations you get.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  7. #47
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,154
    jacki you too got in on the great deal last summer right?

    the tropicana is imo a hidden gem.
    the staff is good, the place is clean, the units are very good sized.
    it is non pretentious...even the renovated units are quite comfortable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I have stayed at Tropicana many times and love the size of the rooms for my family of 5. Great price for the accommodations you get.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    jacki you too got in on the great deal last summer right?

    the tropicana is imo a hidden gem.
    the staff is good, the place is clean, the units are very good sized.
    it is non pretentious...even the renovated units are quite comfortable.
    Andrea I had some folks ask me about Tropicana. When you stayed was there much road noise from the Sasaki highway and the fact that the intersection there has traffic lights meaning cars/trucks accelerating off the lights? Also was there any smell from the sewerage treatment in Bubali? I have been at Amsterdam Manor on occasion and it has been pretty bad.

    Curious about your experience.

  9. #49
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    jacki you too got in on the great deal last summer right?
    I did! and their marketing worked well as I've booked Tropicana for 2 nights this year & my SsIL booked for 2 nights also!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  10. #50
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    32,154
    No to noise
    No to the stench that is often wafting its way from the sewerage treatment plant .
    The stench seems to travel west occasionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Andrea I had some folks ask me about Tropicana. When you stayed was there much road noise from the Sasaki highway and the fact that the intersection there has traffic lights meaning cars/trucks accelerating off the lights? Also was there any smell from the sewerage treatment in Bubali? I have been at Amsterdam Manor on occasion and it has been pretty bad.

    Curious about your experience.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO