Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What would you do? Adding nights pre timeshare

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Because I love La Cabana & the beach in front of it so much AND I love to save money I want to suggest Option 3 (Tropicana). Pizza Bob's is a fun time as is the bar with it. The Pata Pata bar at LaCabana is fun going to/from the beach.

However, I would love to stay at Renn just to experience the private island and the flamingos! Being a family of 5 we would need multiple rooms and that makes it less cost effective.

Of course, I also have a dream/plan to stay at every place on the island to truly experience all areas so I'm not a good person to ask!

Having to switch resorts this last trip was a little annoying (La Cabana to Divi Dutch) but we only stayed one night. I think we would have looked at the experience a bit differently if we had stayed longer and moving didn't signify leaving the island in my head.
    I was thinking about your most recent trip and moving the family. My first thought was if Jacki can move her whole family, surely we can move just the 2 of us.

We talked a little last night and I think Option 3 is out, but I'm negotiating a full day in the Eagle Beach area.

Jist a little funny related to planning our trip, last night when Jon headed to bed he said goodnight, I will leave you here to plan our whole life. . Funny thing is, I will lay everything out and we will do probably a quarter of it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

JackI or Andrea? does Tropicana share palapas woth LaCabana or do they have their own?

Palapas are public/free/not owned by either (although LC builds them) - the chairs & lounges are owned by the individual resorts - Green for LC, Blue for Tropicana. They have guys on the beach to pull them out for you and they can tell who is who by your wristband color

ETA: and the color of your towels.
    Last edited by Jacki; 09-24-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have a dilemma. We are adding 3 nights before a week long stay at Playa Linda. I'm trying to decide what we will do for the 3 nights before check in. I have narrowed it down to 3 options and will list some of my thoughts for each. I would like some opinions from this group.

For those who routinely change hotels mid trip, how is it? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? I jist don't want to lose prime beach time.
    Tracey, I think the Ren is your obvious choice. We stayed there our first trip and still talk about trying to stay there on a future trip for a couple of days. For all the reasons you point out, what Cindy says and more. We absolutely loved staying downtown and enjoying everything there was to offer (especially Carlos and Charlie's, RIP). The island is something you must experience if only once and there are some great restaurants too. And also as Cindy says, discretion is every thing. Don't get on the boat waving that bottle of rum over your head and everything will be just fine If you're going to have a problem getting Jon to the low rise, downtown is your best bet. As far as moving, we do it every trip and it's just a hiccup for a couple of hours one day. When we move, we notify the next place early and tell them our plan. We go from HI to the Surf, and they are very accommodating, we can use the facilities as soon as we arrive and move to the room when it's ready. I would hope that PL is the same way.

Thanks for more great points, Walt. I thought I had my mind made up on PL the whole trip but now I'm back on the fence. Such a great quandary to be in...no matter what we choose, we can't go wrong.

We have a decision....insert drumroll here...we have decided to rip a page out of the O's playbook
    We are going to set up home base at Playa Linda but get a room for one night at the Renn. We debated day passes but decided we would get more of a downtown experience if we have a full night, and 2 days to access the island. We will have dinner and at least one lunch downtown and check out the after dark experience.
    We were hesitant to book our first 3 nights in a new place because neither of us is big on change and we didn't want to rush our trip those first few days wishing we were somewhere else.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 09-27-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: grammar too bad to live with

Aruba since 1979
    great decision
    glad that you are taking the route that you are most comfortable with!

are you researching any discount ways to book the 1 night at renaissance?
    remember the renaissance ocean suites is renovating their pools, so the pool area is quite the construction scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have a decision....insert drumroll here...we have decided to rip a page out of the O's playbook
    We are going to set up home base at Playa Linda but get a room for one night at the Renn. We debated day passes but decided we would get more of a downtown. Experience if we have a full night, and 2 days to access the island. We will have dinner and at least one lunch downtown and check out the after dark experience.
    We were hesitant to book our first 3 nights in a new place because neither of us is big on change and we didn't want to rush our trip those first few days wishing we were somewhere else.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yah!!!!
    i promise your trip to the private island will be perfect.
    Downtown is really nice with the Marketplace offerings!
    I really think you'll be happy at PL also. You can see Scott and Leslie everyday except Sunday.

thanks for the compliment
    playbook is funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    great decision
    glad that you are taking the route that you are most comfortable with!

are you researching any discount ways to book the 1 night at renaissance?
    remember the renaissance ocean suites is renovating their pools, so the pool area is quite the construction scene.
    We have a great rate that I found earlier this year on the Marina tower through Marriott directly, so I'm going to first just edit that reservation down to just the one last night and see if they keep the same rate. It was a fully refundable reservation. I hadn't really thought of it before, but I may check some of the discount sites just to be sure. Good to know about the pool construction, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Yah!!!!
    i promise your trip to the private island will be perfect.
    Downtown is really nice with the Marketplace offerings!
    I really think you'll be happy at PL also. You can see Scott and Leslie everyday except Sunday.

thanks for the compliment
    playbook is funny!!!
    Your playbook hasn't steered us wrong yet...lol. QDC, Aruba Bob snorkeling, Lazy River, just to name a few of our favorites.

Scott and Leslie will probably be sick of us by the end of the trip

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast