Aruba Tourism Association "Local Shortcuts" Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
The Aruba Tourism Association “Local Shortcuts” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 9/1/2016 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on 11/30/2016 (“Promotion Period”). The winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous, U.S. states (and Washington D.C.), currently residing therein and are 18 or older as of the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the Aruba Tourism Association (“Sponsor” or “ATA”), The Concept Farm (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners, prize suppliers, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, participating vendors, dealers, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (all of the above collectively referred to as “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each of them are not eligible to enter. "Household member" shall mean people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2) HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.aruba.com and follow the instructions for entry. All fields listed must be completed, with the exception of telephone number, which is requested to enable more expedient winner contact. Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/2016. Only one entry per person; additional entries beyond this limitation will be disqualified.
Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, misdirected, illegible, postage due, mutilated or incomplete Entries, all of which are void. Entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of automated devices are not valid for entry. Any entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. Any Entrant who attempts to participate with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any BOT, robotic, script, macro or other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper operation of this Sweepstakes, will be disqualified. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical, hardware, or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees to the terms of these Official Rules, the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement available at http://www.aruba.com/content/privacy-policy.
3) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period in a random drawing by the Sweepstakes Administrator on or about 12/19/2016. Sweepstakes Administrator’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email and/or mail on or about 12/19/2016. In the event that Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner within three (3) days after it attempts to notify the potential winner, Sweepstakes Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries according to these Official Rules. Additionally, if the potential winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the potential winner has rejected the prize and Sweepstakes Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries according to these Official Rules.
4) PRIZES: Grand Prizes (3): Each Grand Prize winner will win a guided local tour in Aruba. Each prize includes a 5-day/4-night trip for two people (Grand Prize winner and a guest) to Aruba. Exact locations per winner to be decided by Sponsor; destinations also to be designated by Sponsor. The prize also includes round-trip economy airfare for two (2) on a major air carrier Sponsor’s choice from a U.S. Continental Gateway airport closest to each Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), 5-day/4-night hotel stay (1 room, double occupancy, as determined by Sponsor). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,000.00 each. All federal, state and local taxes, license and all other fees and expenses associated with the receipt and use of the prize and additional options selected by winner and not included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. If Grand Prize winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during the time period listed above, Grand Prize winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made cannot be altered except by Sponsor. It is each traveler’s responsibility to provide proper travel documentation, such as government issued identification, passports, etc. Sponsor will not rebook or revise any reservations if travelers do not possess proper travel documentation by their date of departure. Travel arrangements are subject to availability. Any meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip not included are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Once the guests are selected, they may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel companion of winner must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian, and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release.
5) CONSUMER DISCLOSURE/ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during Promotion Period.
6) GENERAL SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: Winner will be responsible for any additional expenses associated with the prizes not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules. Exact details of the prizes at the sole discretion of the Sponsor at time of awarding and may be substituted at an equal or greater value. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, unless prize becomes unavailable, in which case a prize of equal value will be substituted by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once submitted, all entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned the email address by an Internet Service Provider. Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and all federal, state, and local laws (collectively "Rules and Laws"). Potential Winner may be required to sign and have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (and where legally permissible a Publicity Release) within three (3) days of notification date or such winner will be disqualified and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate Winner. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, winner attests to the authenticity of his/her winning entry. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification with an alternate winner selected. Taxes and any other expenses and incidentals not mentioned herein are Winner’s sole responsibility. By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Winner consents to use of their name and likeness for advertising/publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants hereby release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this promotion or use or misuse of the prizes awarded hereunder. Promotion Entities assume no liability or responsibility for damages, losses or injury resulting from this Sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of the prizes. By claiming prize, Winner agrees to assume all risks and agrees that the prize is awarded upon the condition that Promotion Entities and their respective agencies or employees will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or other damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, or participation in conjunction with the prizes. Promotion Entities not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Website or on-line service, inability to access any website due to outdated/updated computers or incompatible web browsers, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible, stolen, mutilated or misdirected entries. Mass entries, or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for all online charges and fees incurred and with any Internet Service Provider and or wireless carrier. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.aruba.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
7) FORCE MAJEURE: The failure of any of the Promotion Entities to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of the Promotion Entities or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
8) GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, VENUE: These Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with New York law without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Participants agree that the state and federal courts located in New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or relating to these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes or participants' entry and/or participation in the Sweepstakes, and participants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue thereof.
9) SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION ENTITIES, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10) WINNERS LIST: For winner’s name, available whenever winner has been selected and finalized, visit www.aruba.com.
11) SPONSOR: Aruba Tourism Authority, L.G. Smith Blvd 172, P.O. Box 1019 Oranjestad, Aruba.
12) SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Farm, 143 W 24th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10010.