Aruba offers accommodations and equipment for visitors with special needs.
Details on hotel facilities for the physically challenged are available through the reservations staff. Room reservations are on a special request basis and are subject to availability. Wheelchairs are not available at hotels. Seeing-eye dogs are generally allowed, with proper documentation. Below are resorts with special facilities and amenities for the disabled:
HOLIDAY INN SUNSPREE RESORT ARUBA
• 2 wheelchair accessible rooms (standard category)
• 2 ADA rooms (comply with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act) on ground floor with good pool access.
HYATT REGENCY ARUBA RESORT & CASINO
• One disabled room - Garden view, King bed.
• Resort is wheelchair accessible.
• One building with elevator and ramps
• One unit with wheelchair accessible doorway
DIVI DUTCH VILLAGE
• Request a ground floor room for wheelchair accessibility
DIVI AND TAMARIJN ARUBA ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORTS
• Each resort has one ground floor room with two queen beds. Roll-in shower, grab rails, special height toilet and light switches in bathroom.
HILTON ARUBA CARIBBEAN RESORT & CASINO
• 6 rooms on ground floor with bath rails and wheelchair accessible doorways.
• 2 of these rooms also have roll-in showers.
OCCIDENTAL GRAND RESORT
• 3 wheelchair accessible rooms with roll-in shower
THE MILL RESORT
• 1 wheelchair accessible room on ground floor. Special bath chair and railings in shower.
Special Products and Equipment
LABCO Medical and Home Healthcare Services
Operating in Aruba for eleven years, LABCO sells, leases and rents Medical and Home Healthcare products (mobility products such as wheelchairs, scooters and walkers; bathroom and bedroom safety, aids for daily living, pillows and cushions, personal care) and is specialized in oxygen delivery systems. Catalog is available on website. Free delivery to hotels. For more information:
www.labcoaruba.com / email@example.com
Tel (297) 582 6651 / Fax (297) 582 6567
LiteLife Medicab Aruba
LiteLife Medicab Aruba provides professional door-to-door medical transportation with trained driver-attendants for those in need of wheelchair and specialized transportation. Four vans with hydraulic lifts and one with a ramp. Maximum of five persons per van. For more information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel (297) 585 9764 / Fax (297) 585 9765
Adapted Happy Wheels
Adapted Happy Wheels rents beach wheelchairs that easily maneuver through sand and float in a pool or the ocean. They will deliver to the customer’s place of stay or their beach of choice. The mobi-chair allows ease of transfer to or from a wheelchair, entry into the water and exit from the chair while in the water. For more information: email@example.com or Tel (297) 568-4787 or (297) 600-4787.
Essential Health Supplies
Essential Home Supplies caters to travelers and islanders alike who require home medical equipment and health supplies. Conveniently located adjacent to Dr. Horacio E. Oduber Hospital and close to all resorts, Essential carries a diversity of products for sale and for rent such as ECVs (Electric Convenience Vehicles) or mobility scooters, wheelchairs, beach wheelchairs, nebulizers, walkers, trapeze bars, batch chairs and bath benches, crutches, ramps and a wide variety of health supplies to make travel or day-to-day life more accessible and enjoyable. This is quick, convenient option providing professional rental service and new quality equipment. All rentals delivered free to hotels. For more information: Tel (297)563-0415 / www.essentialaruba.com