Conditions on Taxi tariffs
- Minimum fare is Afl.10,00/US$6.00.
- Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity of 5 passengers per taxi.
- Sundays, official holidays, and on regular days starting from 11:00pm till 7:00am there will be a surcharge of Alf.5,40/US$3.00 to the regular fares
- Waiting time is Alf.5,00/US$3.00 per 5 minutes.
- Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Alf. 81.00/US$45.00 per hour.
- The driver, within reason, is not responsible for lost items in his/her car. Found objects will be reported and turned over at the Department of Public Transportation or the nearest police station.
- The driver is not allowed to request fares other than those approved by the government.
There is also the possibility to take a comfortable transfer from the airport to your hotel with a luxury air conditioned bus. The following companies are the providers:
Arubus N.V. is the major public transportation of Aruba owned by the Government of Aruba. Arubus provides public transportation over major areas of the island. The main bus station is right across the street from the Cruise Terminal.
The lines that can take you from Oranjestad to the beach and hotel areas are:
Line 10, Line 10A, and Line 10B
The rates they charge for bus trip are very reasonable priced. A single bus trip costs 2.50 florins with your Smartcard and 4.50 florins or $2.50 cash.
Please visit www.arubus.com for more information.