PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Shopping

Linda
03-09-2005, 10:01 AM
If honesty, quality and integrity count, go to Shiva's in the Royal Plaza Mall.

maryann
05-27-2007, 03:18 PM
We also shop Shiva's jewelers. :D We are regular customers at the store in St. Martin. We have shopped there for several years and have recommened them to our friends.

AuntieMame
05-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I've heard only good things about them.

cindyo
05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
We love Kay's...ask for andy, or Little Europe. Good deals, and they will "negotiate" with you.

Captmorgnsgrl
05-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Another reputable company is Sean Paul right next to Carlos and Charlies. They are very trustworthy also. I have bought several pieces from them, ask for Ash!

He was great.

kellbelle12095
05-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Artistic Fine Jewelry. It was located in a little show around the mall. My fiancee and I went there two years ago and I got a beautiful gold chain as well as a fire Opal pendant and fire opal ring. When I took it to my local jewelry to be cleaned they were amazed because there weren't many in the US yet.

Kathy106
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree with the others. Shivas is a great place to get high quality jewelry. I had a necklace break a couple of years ago, about a year after I purchased it. I e-mailed them and they had me sent it to a place in Texas. It could not be repaired so they replaced it for me.

Sheri T
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I've been going to Sean/Paul Jewelers for over 10 years. They've made some beautiful pieces for me that have always appraised for at least 2-3 times more. I've never lost any stones and love trading and upgrading to new things. Great service and prices.

lindon
06-19-2007, 09:09 PM
When you buy jewelry in Aruba, are you supposed to negotiate the price or pay what they are asking?

rcabata
08-08-2007, 12:19 PM
My wife and I have always used Larry's Fine Jewlery:o they are in 2 locations. They are very accomodating and their jewelry always appraises higher when we have it checked in Connecticut when we return. In addition, we have also used Shiva's and they are very good. Larry's prices are negotiable.

Captain Ini
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
When you buy jewelry in Aruba, are you supposed to negotiate the price or pay what they are asking?

When we went last year, my boyfriend bought me 2 gorgeous bracelets and he negotiated with them everytime! We got them both for a steal! I don't think you HAVE to negotiate, but then you might be getting ripped off!

goldy_johnson
07-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Hi,

For jewelry shopping I rely on online shops.

cindyo
07-10-2008, 06:48 AM
lindon, The large jewelers will not negotiate with you( at least thats our experience), but we find the smaller ones will. We exclusively use Kays Jewelers, and we love Andy

m1006
07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
What about Noble Jewelers? We have done business with Nash for over 15 years. His pieces are of fine quality and he stands behind his jewelry. :cool:

beachboy
07-18-2008, 10:18 PM
My wife and I always purchase from Noble or Diamante, both are reputable and always willing to negotiate. The owner or Noble's is Nash and the other jewelers all try to copy his ads and style. Try them and then purchase where you feel comfortabble.

LuvAruba23
02-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Warning potential customers, i purchased a ring there and was lied to about the tcw which i was able to verify when i got home to the states the correct tcw. They are very deceptive and will tell you anything to get you to buy, instead of being upfront and maybe keeping customers... I would definately find someplace else to buy jewelry.

Randi
02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
lindon, The large jewelers will not negotiate with you( at least thats our experience), but we find the smaller ones will. We exclusively use Kays Jewelers, and we love Andy

We have also used Kays Jewelers exclusively for years but we use Joe (the owner) and yes, you can negotiate!

EricaLovesAruba!
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Is Little Switzerland ridiculously expensive? I heard they were...

Arubalisa
04-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Is Little Switzerland ridiculously expensive? I heard they were...They are HIGHLY reputable and service oriented. :)

EricaLovesAruba!
04-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Okay cool! will definitely check them out

mirtan56
12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Take this as a warning! I have bought jewelry in Aruba for years. My husband and I go for 2 weeks every year. We have had a time share in Aruba for 16 years and never had a bad experience until this year. We love everything about the Island!
I decided to have my diamond remounted on a new setting. I bought it at DIAMANTE Jewelers. My diamond was a little over a 1 carot diamond. I have a certified appraisal on it for $9000. They had their SPECIAL jeweler mount it for me. 5 weeks after I got home the mounting and my diamond fell of while I was shopping at the mall. Needless to say it was never found! I wrote them and told them I wanted to return the setting and they said we give NO refunds! They will not even stand behind their workmanship. I did not ask them to replace my diamond (which I had insured thank God) Just refund me for the setting I wanted to return!
BEWARE of this jewelry store! I will never buy from them again!

Andrea J.
12-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
Sorry to hear of the situation.
This is the first complaint I have ever heard re: Diamanté

You have exhausted all resources?

Signing off now for a week.

AndyM
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Is Little Switzerland ridiculously expensive? I heard they were...

In my opinion, they are.