PDA

View Full Version : The Jolly Pirate

KRAZ40
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
We just got back from Aruba.. WONDERFUL WEATHER the whole trip. A group of 12 went and we stayed at the Tamarijn. What a WONDERFUL place!! 8 of us went on the Jolly Pirate... It is a MUST!! It was such fun.. The people who ran it were WONDERFUL!! We really recommend ANYONE to go on this! You get to snorkel 3 different places, have lunch, drinks and swing on the rope swing! We stayed for 6 nights and this really was our high light of the trip. The beach between the Divi and the Tamarijn was wonderful! So beautiful! Never rained once and the trade winds were at their BEST!

Arubalisa
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
The beach between the Divi and the Tamarijn was wonderful!

How was the condition of the beach at the Tamarijn? Any photos?

kbdiadora
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Amanda I couldn't agree more - the show the two guys do from the ropes was insane! Had a blast doing that!

bertho
11-14-2007, 05:32 AM
On your trip Jolly Pirate
What time of the day you take it ?Did you see some star fish ?I am planing to go on Feb vacation we are 7 two grand children (8-6).
Thanks Ginette

kbdiadora
11-14-2007, 08:28 AM
We did the late afternoon one - back on shore by 6:00. Saw quite a few different fish - some saw the puffer ones (we didn't) - no star fish, but saw a HUGE sand dollar and if i wasn't such a chicken i would have dove down to get it. The kids will have a blast - the only spot that is choppy is when they take you to see the sunken ship - other than that they will have tons of fun.

KRAZ40
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
The condition of the beach was wonderful at the Tamarijn. We stayed in 1908 and infront of our block was all sand. As we walked up closer to the pool area the beach was not sand but rocks, I would say block 17. The beach between the Divi and the Tamarijn is wonderul.

I do have some photo's, but am not sure how to post them! I'm sorry

KRAZ40
11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
What is your email? i could sent you the photo's directly to your email.

KRAZ40
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
We went in the morning, 9 - 2. There was 2 kids, probably 7 and 8 on our boat and they had a really fun time. It was very choppy at the ship wreck, but the other 2 spots were nice..

katcog
11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Amanday, I must know you! LOL I was at the Tamarijn from the 7th-14th. We also went on the Jolly Pirates!~ I was there with my husband two kids and our friend who had two kids with him!

katcog
11-20-2007, 06:50 PM
By the way, the best block to stay is the 1400's ........we stayed in the 1800's
and it was all rock in front of our room. I couldn't even walk into the ocean right there.
We checked out all the rooms and the 1400's appear to be the best for the beach

PALMTREE GIRL
11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Amanda,
Welcome back from paradise! We will be there in 4 days!!!! Staying at Tamarijn and requested 1900 ground floor rooms(3 couples).
My anniversary is the day we arrive and we will be very tired ,getting up at 3:30 am,arrive around 1:30pm.
Which restaurant would you recommend at Tamarijn or Divi for dinner outside (it's a full moon as it was on our romantic honeymoon dinner celebration on beach at Hyatt. 7 years ago). Hopefully we can get a reservation when we arrive for early that evening????

Any other recommendations????
Thank You
Palmtree Girl

Arubalisa
06-30-2008, 11:19 AM
We too enjoyed the Jolly Pirate. The kids enjoyed it a little more than the adults, but were intimidated by the waves at the Antilla. Dd to her credit did get in the water here to see the ship. Also took the rope swing for a whirl a couple of times. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Zb6np1n0o)

Next year I think it will be back to Tranquilo for some Dutch Pea Soup and Balashi's. ;) :D

cindyo
06-30-2008, 07:57 PM
You are a cool mom, love the utube of little miss..........

danadog56
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
we went a couple of years ago and my girlfriends husband and I did the rope swing.............OMG !!! What a blast, the coolest ever......and the guys doing 180's off the boat and rope.......great show, great rumrunners, great time !!!

wise0822
07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
My husband and 2 year daughter and I just got back from Aruba on the 14th of june! I would have to say the 2 highlights were the ATV tours and the Jolly pirates! We went from the 9-2 i believe and it was beautiful. When we stopped to do the rope swing my husband was loving it, he'd do flips and somersaults, I finally got enough courage to go off just once just so i could get a picture taken. Well of course my husband screwed up the 1st picture so I had to go again, which I have to admit it was a blast! But the best part was getting to get on the back of one of the guys from the crew (he's a hottie!:D) and then doing a somersault off the rope swing with him. That was awesome! They guys on the ship were so nice and caring and the food was great as well as the drinks! :p
I would definantly recommend the Jolly pirates for anyone and everyone. There were younger kids going off the rope swing the whole time as well.
The different snorkeling sights were neat, saw a huge sea turtle and a starfish (hopefully the pictures turned out!), lots of neat colorful fish! The ship was the coolest stop ever, it was neat to see the ship and all the fish around it.

rum punch
07-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Mu husband will be going to Aruba the second week of Oct. We are interested in the Jolly Pirate's also. Do you recommend reservations ahead of time or can we do them when we get there?

Arubalisa
07-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you recommend reservations ahead of time or can we do them when we get there?If your dates are flexible you could probably wait until you get there.

BUT if you book online http://www.jolly-pirates.com/ (http://www.jolly-pirates.com/) you will receive a 15% discount.

Jacki
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
We've done the Jolly Pirates before and LOVED it! This year we will have 2 little ones with us - 4 & 6 :D Anyone know if there is an age limit? Of course my husband or I plan to stay on the boat with the boys at Antilla - too rough for little ones. TIA :)

Jacki
07-18-2008, 09:53 AM
bumping :)

Has anyone ever taken little ones on the Jolly Pirates? I've emailed them twice, but haven't rec'd a response yet. Thanks :)

Arubalisa
07-18-2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/renaissance-ocean-suites-trip-report-day-1-2-7-11-7-12-a-32128/#post114975 (http://www.aruba.com/forum/f18/renaissance-ocean-suites-trip-report-day-1-2-7-11-7-12-a-32128/#post114975) This forum member just sailed with a 2 1/2 yo and 5 yo (and maybe one other child?)

danadog56
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Amanda,
Glad you had a good time on the Jolly Pirate. We went as well and had a blast. The rope swing was a rush, I laughed so hard I swallowed my weight in saltwater !!!! I agree the crew does same amazing things off the ropes, wish was I was half that agile !!!! Going again in November, may have to do the Pirates again....thanks for the reminder!!!

Jacki
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
If anyone was wondering, I got a great response from Jolly Pirates right after my 2nd email - there is no age limit and they suggest you contact them to find out what day is a little less booked to be easier to deal with little ones. She even offered help with a stroller! They are an amazing company to deal with - can't wait to be back on the Jolly Pirates!! :D

Graham Flanagan
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Another point worth noting is the fact that there is no charge for children under 4 on the Jolly Pirates and children 4-10 years old pay only 50% of what adults pay (Just another indication that they are a family friendly operation).

:cool:

BigOldXJ
05-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Hi everybody! We will be arriving in Aruba in 3 weeks! My wife and I would like to do a short snorkeling trip one day and a sunset cruise on another. What company is the best? It seems the Jolly Pirate and De Palm are the most popular? Any good/bad things about either of these companies? Jolly Pirate does seem to be much less expensive. Thanks in advance! :p

cindyo
05-15-2009, 07:42 AM
I have written many times on the Depalm boat. We have been on the boat 7x now. We have done both snorkel and sunset. Both, imop, are great. The depalm boat in huge, you would never know if there were 100 people on it if you didn't count them. Snorkel equp is included, it makes 2 stops, boca catalina and the german boat. The german boat is way to deep for me, but the other stop is nice. Basically, all the boats stop at boca catalina.
Price, can't answer that as I don't know the jolly's prices. Lots of people on this board love the JP, so I am sure they will weigh in also...whatever you choose you will enjoy.

fattypatty
05-15-2009, 10:49 AM
jp is cheaper...i believe by 5-10 if you book online. jp is more lively and entertaining but the boat is smaller as it is shaped like an actual pirate ship - thus, elongated. depalm is a cataraman and thus its wide which provides a lot more room to move about. also, jp tour guides actively participate in the fun via swings, jumps, etc. i guess that's the mainstay of their distinguishment from the rest - they a swing set that you can use to catapult/flip in the water.

jp stops by 3 places (the same 2 spots as depalm + 1 more) but the last one is ways off from the ship's anchoring spot - you have to swim your way to coral rocks - which no one did when i went on it.

depalm stops by 2 places - and like cindyo stated, the sunken boat is way toooo deep for a novice.

both offer food and free drinks. they both taste the same.

jollypirates9394
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
definately go for jolly pirates :) their crew is very friendly, their prices cheap, and they are very entertaining. if you snorkel they take you to a german wreck and reefs, and they have the rope swing. also depending on what cruise, the rope swing:) so if you are up for a more upbeat ship go for jp. when you get back let us know about your trip and who you went with the sailing. wish i was there. have fun and take pics and post.

orionredwing
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
cool tips. i went on a catamaran in hawaii, so this time, i picked jolly pirates for their schooner. they seem busy as i booked on sat after i arrived, and wed's slot was the earliest. this is supposedly a slow month too.

i'll let you guys know how it goes after wed.

p.s. i loved going on a catamaran. it was so fun. it's definitely worth trying out too.